1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

woodchuck 4000 add on furnace--general questions

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by WIZARDNTS, Oct 29, 2010.

1. WIZARDNTS

WIZARDNTS New Member

Loc:
    NORTHEAST OHIO
    hello to all. I am new as a member to the forum, but have been doin homework and research for a few months from the posted topics. I am very pleased to see the vast amount of knowledge that the members not only have but are willing to share with others.
    okay that being said here goes... I recently purchased a woodchuck 4000. Its an older version than the newer 180,000 btu models, its rated a 140,000. still has secondary heat exchange and forced draft inducer. stove is in pretty good shape overall and everthing works as it should.. 750.00 cash, hopeing that was a fair deal. i wondered does anybody have experience or opinions on this stove as to quality, heat output, and efficiency/burn times. any input or help would be appreeciated.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Singed Eyebrows

Singed Eyebrows New Member

Loc:
    Midwest
    Welcome, This looks like a quality furnace & while $750 may have been a bit high for a used one its not terrible. I see the $1400 cheapies at the local Farm & Barn & yours looks way beyond this. Sorry I can't answer all your user questions. Try to get some good dry wood though, Randy
  3. freeburn

freeburn Feeling the Heat

Do a search on here for Woodchuck 2900 or 4000. Otherwise, I'd say you got a decent price. If you save money burning wood, then it was the right price. These things are supposed to burn 78% efficient, but I think that's with the catalyst in it. They still make the furnace and sell it for well over $2500, so I'd say it's a quality unit. Like the previous poster, use dry wood and you'll get the max BTU's.

This should give you some information too. http://www.woodchuckfurnace.com/