Woodchuck Tool

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks cool, but how to get the logs up into the holder on the tree/ reciever mount? do you have to lift it into place?

Hey, zap, looks like a convenient way to buck the inconvenient smallish to mid-sized limbs. Hope it works well for ya'.

Heck, when you mentioned "Woodchuck Tool", I started thinking about the kind with a scope and trigger.

John_M

PINEBURNER said:
Looks cool, but how to get the logs up into the holder on the tree/ reciever mount? do you have to lift it into place?

It would be for the smaller stuff that could be lifted, I have a winch on the rhino thats it.

zap

looks cool, very versatile. $$$??? I know in a previous thread there was some timberjack bashing, but I'm a believer and haven't bought yet. This could be the one.

ckarotka said:
looks cool, very versatile. $$$??? I know in a previous thread there was some timberjack bashing, but I'm a believer and haven't bought yet. This could be the one.

I'll have a video for the middle of the week (rain until wednesday) money wise $110.00. Phone number for this is 518.734.4768 or the fax is 518.734.4769.

zap

Zap,

If you make a vid, could you do the tree option with a round that is maybe 2' long and 10" round? I was wondering how well it works those round that are just a tad to big. Kinda to replace a saw buck.

Charlie

ckarotka said:
Zap,

If you make a vid, could you do the tree option with a round that is maybe 2' long and 10" round? I was wondering how well it works those round that are just a tad to big. Kinda to replace a saw buck.

Charlie

I'll see what I can do.

zap

^Nice tool zap, at waist height keep that left arm straight or bad things can happen fast.

savageactor7 said:
^Nice tool zap,

at waist height keep that left arm straight or bad things can happen fast.
Meaning what?

zap

John_M said:
Hey, zap, looks like a convenient way to buck the inconvenient smallish to mid-sized limbs. Hope it works well for ya'.

Heck, when you mentioned "Woodchuck Tool", I started thinking about the kind with a scope and trigger.

John_M

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.