woodcutting machine video

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tickbitty

Minister of Fire
Feb 21, 2008
VA
Someone suggested a local lumber company to me in case we need good dry firewood. Their firewood webpage shows their machine which saws and then splits the wood just like the fuzzy pumper barber shop pumps playdoh!! I just thought it was cool to watch.
http://www.eaglewoodmill.com/fire.html

Very cool. Great post!

K

Try this one out.
I used one of these for a while. A different style (shear vs. saw) and loading mechanism.
They have some pros and cons, but definitely make processing without a lot of extra equipment a possibility.

http://www.chomper.net/video.html

Impressive.

Those are some cool machines!!

I'll never forget the first time I saw a Hydro-axe.

Very cool machines and good prices for the firewood too! Bet it cost a small fortune for those machines..

Ray

compared to other processing videos on the net, that one cuts slow.

th_2FTWOODXLY.jpg

raybonz said:
Very cool machines and good prices for the firewood too! Bet it cost a small fortune for those machines..

Ray

Thanks for the input on the prices, I thought that sounded OK, considering that it is probably good dry stuff and they probably also know what an actual cord is. The fact that they separate the oak out and charge more for it - is that unusual?
Don't know if we will need any wood but probably will. We had a really big maple taken down yesterday, but it won't be good for at least a year I guess. It was way more solid than I thought it would be, which made me sad about taking it down.

Turns out the guys who cut our tree are listed as "partners" on that lumber mill website, so I guess they typically provide the wood to them. Guess that's why he kept trying to tell me we wouldn't want the big trunk (I persisted that we did want it.) Dang it's a lot of wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.