Woodeze electric 7-ton Log Splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same splitter, but it is badged under the Pow R Kraft brand. It is only 2 months old and I have run about 2 cords of oak and cherry thru it. I have had to reposition a couple of pieces that were really big, but it split everything I threw at it. With the 2 speed motor you can speed up to a round, slow down to crack it, then speed it up to run thru it. It splits quicker then the other electric I used. Overall, I am happy with the unit. I didn't have the $1000+ to spend on a gas splitter and still enjoy splitting wood by hand.

Any questions just ask.

That's the best electric log splitter video I've seen yet.. My TF splitter works very good with oak as well but elm is like mission impossible with it.. I like a few others here got a great deal on it and I posted a review on it last year here on the forum.. Many others also have the 4 ton Ryobi and they love them as well.. I do like the 7 ton in that video but it's quite a bit more money and I am sure much heavier.. If power is readily available electrics are nice to work with and MUCH quieter and cheaper to run.. A small platform to bring the splitter up off the ground makes it easier to work with rather than being crouched low to the ground.. Werner makes a small aluminum platform which works well for this purpose plus it's handy for other things as well..

The review/discussion is here: https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/44366/

Ray

murphy0421 said:
I have the same splitter, but it is badged under the Pow R Kraft brand. It is only 2 months old and I have run about 2 cords of oak and cherry thru it. I have had to reposition a couple of pieces that were really big, but it split everything I threw at it. With the 2 speed motor you can speed up to a round, slow down to crack it, then speed it up to run thru it. It splits quicker then the other electric I used. Overall, I am happy with the unit. I didn't have the $1000+ to spend on a gas splitter and still enjoy splitting wood by hand.

Any questions just ask.

Thanks murphy0421. I do not have the $$$ nor space to purchase a gas splitter.

I had a 6 ton electric once and it split most stuff, very compact and quiet. If you can live with what it wont split, then they are a great tool. I would recommend a one handle operation like the DR electric that I had. Some require two levers to operate. A little difficult if you need to hold the log for position or adjust it at the beginning of the stroke.

You also might want to consider the Speeco 5-ton electric from Tractor Supply. It is the same price as the Task Force (or less when on sale or with a coupon). It is one-handed operation and that is one of the features that made me choose it over the Task Force. So far I have been pretty pleased with it. I still intend to write a review of it soon and post it to this site. I am very glad to have a free hand and to be able to position my face and body back behind the splitter.

Yes, I read about the differences you wrote between the Speeco and TF. The closest TS store is 30 miles away. I guess I can take a little drive.

dave360up said:
You also might want to consider the Speeco 5-ton electric from Tractor Supply. It is the same price as the Task Force (or less when on sale or with a coupon). It is one-handed operation and that is one of the features that made me choose it over the Task Force. So far I have been pretty pleased with it. I still intend to write a review of it soon and post it to this site. I am very glad to have a free hand and to be able to position my face and body back behind the splitter.

One hand is a nice feature but so far I've managed OK with the 2 hand operation.. There are no Tractor Supply stores in this area so not an option for me..I would like to see your splitter in operation..

Ray

looks like a decent splitter. i just cant justify buying one yet. i love the exercise. also i dont want to have one and get lazy lol. im starting to sell wood so maybe after i sell enuff to pay for it i wil.

That Woodeze splitter looks very similar to my Ryobi, though I'm sure many of the electrics are built similarly.
As for performance, the Ryobi did most of what I needed it to but sometimes I would toss wood (primarily oak) because it couldn't split it. Now that I have a gas splitter, I appreciate the noise level and size of the electric, but I would still take my gas over the electric any day.

S

I would not mind purchasing a Fiskars but I have young ones and do not want to swing anything like that around while they are outside too. I'm going for convenience.

I found out that our neighbor can bring in a gas splitter free of charge. I guess I will go this route to save money and space.....

I was at Lowes the other day and saw the TF. I thought it was pretty nice. So tempting....

Status
Not open for further replies.