WoodHeat E 3300 customer service

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MyOutdoors

May 12, 2008
Lempster, NH
I have to give Kudo's to Jim over at wood heat. I installed my E3300 at the beginning of the season and ran it without a hiccup not including my "newbe" mistakes. Last week I had the rear actuator quit. I called Jim and he had one sent and it was in my hands the next day. This is also one of the reasons I bought this brand of OWB, it simple in design with limited moving parts and easy to repair if something goes wrong. The reason the actuator died was the fact that the downdraft slots got clogged(I didn't let it burn down all the way) with ashes and the boiler started back puffing thru the rear which caused some creosote build up. The creosote build up caused the actuator to stick and burn out. Anyway, Jim has always answered to phone whenever I've had a question and spent as much time as needed when called. I know there are plenty of other companies out there with good reports, I just wanted to give Jim a thumbs up!

Does anyone know of a good solution to get rid of creosote? I'm going to shut the boiler down for the season and want to give it a complete cleaning.

I think you just burn dryer wood. I am looking into the 3300 because it's a gassifier. It seems expensive though. I was quoted 9500 just for the stove. Did it seem to use much wood?

It definitely likes dryer wood as do most boilers. I was just "behind the 8 ball" this season due to late cutting and installation. I also didn't have a good covered storage area. This year will be different. Money wise, it's right there if not cheaper than the other name brands with the newer EPA approval. That's exactly what I paid and it was well worth it. I burned a good 10 cords. I heated my 2700 sqft home, garage, hot water and on demand barn. I set my house thermostats to 67 @ night and 72 during the day. I would load it once in the morning and 1 at night. I used to heat with a wood stove and would burn 6-7 cords a year. With the woodstove, I had to handle that wood3-4 times before it actually went into the stove and it needed to be loaded 3-4 times a day with the house going down into the low 60's at night(too lazy to get up). I was nervous at first and hoped I picked the right unit. After reading/seeing pics about a few problems with some other brands, I'm now very glad I went this route.

Thanks for the info, I need to hear this stuff. I'm surprised about 10 cord but the garage is the main btu hogI think. I don't think the house alone would take too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.