Woodland Pro Chains

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OhioBurner, like someone else said check your bar to figure out what size you need. I run a 3/8 pitch with a .050 bar groove on an 18" bar that runs 66 links. I run chisel chain with no antivibration or reduced kickback features. If you run the same chain you'd just need a longer loop therefore more links. Check you're bar it's stamped into the steel.

localLEE, Tom ain't no pup. He sharpens chain just fine. Sharpens his Stihl chains the same way he used to sharpen those crappy Oregon chains. Sorry you're such a Oregon fan. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I'm sure Oregon chains are really quite awesome and I've just been surrounded by incompetents my whole life. I'll run right out and buy a couple to put on my really great Husqvarna chainsaw that rarely ever sees any action because of its unwavering suckiness. Hope this makes you feel better :p

ccwhite said:
OhioBurner, like someone else said check your bar to figure out what size you need. I run a 3/8 pitch with a .050 bar groove on an 18" bar that runs 66 links. I run chisel chain with no antivibration or reduced kickback features. If you run the same chain you'd just need a longer loop therefore more links. Check you're bar it's stamped into the steel.

localLEE, Tom ain't no pup. He sharpens chain just fine. Sharpens his Stihl chains the same way he used to sharpen those crappy Oregon chains. Sorry you're such a Oregon fan. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I'm sure Oregon chains are really quite awesome and I've just been surrounded by incompetents my whole life. I'll run right out and buy a couple to put on my really great Husqvarna chainsaw that rarely ever sees any action because of its unwavering suckiness. Hope this makes you feel better :p

Naw,,, you didn't hurt my feelings.
I know what I know and it's a hell of alot more than a bunch of weekend wood warriors.

BTW Husky is a good saw, but 2nd place is the same as last in my business.

►►OhioBurner◄◄™ said:
Dingeryote - you seem to contradict yourself if I am reading you properly... "the Woodland Pro holds up as well as, or better than Stihl in our sandy high silica trees around here" but later say your wanting to go back to running Stihl RMC, apparently because its wont hold up on your high silica hickory...

Baileys Woodland pro in .325 is all Round chisel, and it's decent stuff, but semi-chisel is more suited to our needs, so as soon as the rest of the spool is used up, it's back to the RMC. Given clean wood though, it wouldn't be an issue.

Sorry to cornfuse.;)

Dingeryote said:
►►OhioBurner◄◄™ said:
Dingeryote - you seem to contradict yourself if I am reading you properly... "the Woodland Pro holds up as well as, or better than Stihl in our sandy high silica trees around here" but later say your wanting to go back to running Stihl RMC, apparently because its wont hold up on your high silica hickory...

Baileys Woodland pro in .325 is all Round chisel, and it's decent stuff, but semi-chisel is more suited to our needs, so as soon as the rest of the spool is used up, it's back to the RMC. Given clean wood though, it wouldn't be an issue.

Sorry to cornfuse.;)

Your buying rolls of .325 what are you running to need that much .325?

smokinjay said:
Dingeryote said:
►►OhioBurner◄◄™ said:

Sorry to cornfuse.;)

Eye wuz wondering the same thing.

Dingeryote said:

Sorry to cornfuse.;)

Welcome to Hearth.com, Dinger. Good to see you here!

smokinjay said:
Dingeryote said:
►►OhioBurner◄◄™ said:

Sorry to cornfuse.;)

346XP Mostly.

Got busy clearing old fencerows and loops got expensive.;)
Also do a bit of clearing here and there, as well as keeping the woodlot thinned and cutting for heat.

Dingeryote said:
smokinjay said:
Dingeryote said:
►►OhioBurner◄◄™ said:

Sorry to cornfuse.;)

346XP Mostly.

Got busy clearing old fencerows and loops got expensive.;)
Also do a bit of clearing here and there, as well as keeping the woodlot thinned and cutting for heat.

Sweeet thats alot of chain with the ice storm coming you could be Golden!

Not much more than a couple 16" loops left LOL!!
Got into an old fencerow about 400 Rods long, that had seen 2-3 fences over the years, and chewed up half a dozen loops before I figured out what was going on. LOL!!
It killed me to leave everything from toes to nose to rot.

No Ice coming this way. Just another 12-15" of snow, plus the lake effect stuff. Kids and plow guys will be happy.
You guys down south are gonna get the ice and ugly mess. Good luck with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.