woodlanddirect.com

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be interested in responses as I'm just getting ready to place an order.... I'll wait.

They screwed up the order for my chimney caps, but they moved pretty fast to fix it. Took two tries but they finally got it right. Reading comprehension seemed to be a big problem. But I have to say that the only chimney product vendor I have ever used that didn't mess up the order was Hart's Hearth. They actually listen to what you say. And question it until they are sure you know what you are doing.

i brought something called an emberiere - basically a tube connected to fans and u place it on the grate and burn on top of the tube. i tried it 3 times and it just didnt come close to pushing out the 28,000 btu's as advertised. well if u use it there u buy it, no return policy if u use the item. anyway ended up losing 280.00 bucks.

Sounds like your dispute is with the maker of the product, not the seller. Tried it out in another fireplace and not in the Merrimack, right?

BeGreen said:
1. Sounds like your dispute is with the maker of the product, not the seller. 2.Tried it out in another fireplace and not in the Merrimack, right?

1. I agree. Sounds like a bad product and not a seller issue. Their return policy clearly states "The product must be in new, unused condition."

2. I really hope that's the case.

i disagree i buy things at home depot and i can always return it. if the product doesnt work why would u sell it?

micaaronfl said:
i disagree i buy things at home depot and i can always return it. if the product doesnt work why would u sell it?

I understand your frustration, but return policies vary from business to business. Their return policy clearly states what is an acceptable return. I would contact the manufacturer.

as far as i can tell their is no manufacturer as i researched when i originally had problems with it. it looks like they actually make it themselves.

micaaronfl said:
as far as i can tell their is no manufacturer as i researched when i originally had problems with it. it looks like they actually make it themselves.

Are you sure about that?

http://www.northlineexpress.com/item/5CF-EGRATE/Emberaire-Grate-Heater-Small

http://www.fireplacedoorsonline.com/acatalog/Emberaire_Wood_Or_Gas_Heater.html

http://www.fireplacestuff.com/fireplace/EmberAire.htm

http://www.gosalesinc.com/cart/fire...hangers/emberaire-fireplace-heater-large.html

They are just a seller. Just like the above online stores.

micaaronfl said:
most return policies i have seen are minimum 30 days,

As is WoodLandDirect's:

If you need to return an item you may do so within 30 days of the products delivery.

* The product must be in new, unused condition.
o It must be returned in the original packaging.

if it doesnt work as advertised why would u keep it? how would u know if it works if you do not use it?

maybe woodland sells them to other companies? there name is on the instruction manual.

micaaronfl said:
if it doesnt work as advertised why would u keep it? how would u know if it works if you do not use it?

You should have purchased from NorthLineExpress.

Return Policy
Our success is based on your satisfaction in both the products you buy and with our company as a whole. If you are not satisfied with your purchase or if it is defective upon arrival, you may return it in its original condition for an exchange or a refund. This exchange/refund period extends for 30 days after the date you receive your merchandise. Special order or custom made items are non-cancelable and non-refundable.

Like I said, everyone's return policy is different and should not be taken for granted.

Return Policy
Our success is based on your satisfaction in both the products you buy and with our company as a whole. If you are not satisfied with your purchase or if it is defective upon arrival, you may return it in its original condition for an exchange or a refund. This exchange/refund period extends for 30 days after the date you receive your merchandise. Special order or custom made items are non-cancelable and non-refundable.

yes thats exactly where my bad experience came from and thats why i dont recommend woodlanddirect.com.

Not to irritate, but also people have reported over the years that those thing are crap. If they worked nobody would ever buy a fireplace insert.

micaaronfl said:
and thats why i tried to return it! lol

Moral of the story; Read the return policy before purchasing an item from an online store.

that and charge them back and sell the product on craigs list to someone that doesnt speaka gooda english for 200 bucks.

micaaronfl said:
that and charge them back and sell the product on craigs list to someone that doesnt speaka gooda english for 200 bucks.

Oh bitter irony.

micaaronfl said:

I doubt Woodland makes anything. China on the other hand, maybe.

browning yes the cycles continues. you live in doylestown? if so can u recommend any wood suppliers i got burnt on my last cord.

begreen then i will call china tommorrow lol

Buy a new one from Northern Express, send the new unopened one back to Woodland, get refund. Send used one back to Northern, get refund.
You basically agree to their return policy when you buy the product.

Status
Not open for further replies.