Woodman pro oil good?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
can't vouch for the woodsman pro, but it sounds similar to the husky branded oil. i learned from a dealerthat it has fuel stabilizer in it.
i think that is what is implied by comparing it to "european" brands.

ASK your Autozone store for Mobil 1 2T Racing /chainsaw / 2 stroke oil. They shoud be able to get it for you with no problem as it is an item they should stock and can order. It used to be called Mobil 1 MX2T, now its called Mobil 1 racing 2T per the new bottle and lable , same stuff . You can also try O'Reillys , thay do carry it too. This bottle pictured was bought at Autozone last month.

Or you can also go this route if you like.
http://store.avlube.com/mob1mx2cycmo1.html

Attachments

• P1010003.jpg
    P1010003.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 446
If Baileys carries it its good enough for us. Pros buy their stuff from Baileys.

Hard Woods said:
I will ask if they can order it. How much is a Quart there Roo?

I called Autozone to get this strightened out. Autozone said its not a special order and it should be with the motorcycle oil in there rack set on a rack. The standard "on hand" for each store should be 6 quarts and its Autozone part# 98HC20 for Mobil 1 Racing 2T . In my zone of the US its $7.19 a quart.

As for most of us 1 quart should last a long time , I normally pick up 2 quarts at a time.

Hope this helps you out.

Don't forget to stay away from Ethanol gas and try to stay with the high octane fuel as well , the high octane will let your 2 stroke run cooler. Ethanol fuel will collect water and also it don't mix very well with any 2 stroke oils.

Interesting... so what's your reasoning for this? Everything I've read recommends 100:1 for synthetics.

precaud said:
Interesting... so what's your reasoning for this? Everything I've read recommends 100:1 for synthetics.

That's Lucas Synthetic Oil thats stated 100:1 and kinda under debate from what i have read. All your other Synthetic Oils are ratio at what standard oil are. ( from what i know )

I'm just not ready to be going 100:1 in my tools , not to say its a not correct ratio and that Lucas isn't a good oil.

I have been using Synthetic Oils for about 8 + years so i can only support and give advise on what i have used and has shown to be the best with my tools. I'd hate to give any thumbs up to something like 100:1 oils if I've not used it myself.

Roospike said:
That's Lucas Synthetic Oil thats stated 100:1 and kinda under debate from what i have read. All your other Synthetic Oils are ratio at what standard oil are. ( from what i know )
Dolmar's synthetic is recommended at 100:1

I'm just not ready to be going 100:1 in my tools , not to say its a not correct ratio and that Lucas isn't a good oil.
Understood. The whole debate about gas:eek:il ratio and what actually cools/lubricates is hard to sort out, so going with what has worked for you makes great sense to me.

Roospike said:
precaud said:
Roo, what ratio do you use the Mobil at?

40:1 on my old saws and on my new saws . Some real old saws used 16:1 and 24:1 . If its less then 20 years old then 40:1 even in the 2006-2007 models .

Here is a neat little fuel mix Calculator for ya.
http://www.at-speed.goof.com/air/oil_gas_calc.html#calc

I use 42.667:1 of Mobil 1 in all of my 50:1 saws.

I have a very good reason for this. 3oz per gallon is really easy to measure. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.