Woodman's Parts Plus in NH

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BobcatBranch

Dec 28, 2023
North Georgia USA
Does anyone have experience with Woodman's Parts Plus?

I called to verify stock for an item for my stove (it's down, waiting for this part), and they said they have 2 in stock. I then ordered it. That was a week ago. It has not shipped yet while 2 other stove parts companies' orders have already been received!

I realize that I'm not the most important person in the world, but I was hoping a kind email request would have the part here a little sooner. Now I'm starting to wonder if they even have the part in stock and are trying to find one or order it from VC?

Someone replied to my email that I sent on Tuesday and they said if it is in stock it *should* ship by Friday. It has not.

Just curious as to what I can expect from Woodman's.

I have bought from them in the past and never had any issues.

Reactions: BobcatBranch
Update:

2 other companies got orders shipped within 24-36 hours of ordering.

Woodman's took exactly 1 week for an in-stock item. If you need something in a timely manner, I'd look elsewhere.

Lots of people have ordered from them. Give them a call, they're human beings. There may be a problem or health issues.

If anyone has it or can get it, they seem to be able to. One of the issues with folks is they are spoiled by Amazon overnight delivery. Inventory costs money and in many cases, "in stock" at a small business means they have checked their supplier and the supplier has it in stock. Unless they can drop ship it direct, its going to add 3 or 4 days to delivery and raise the cost and either the retailer eats it or the consumer does . It one of many things small businesses need to do to survive the competition. On the other hand, a big retailer like Amazon just will not mess with low volume parts and if those small businesses were not out there a lot of stoves would get scrapped. I am pretty impressed that I can still buy many parts for a nearly 50 year old stove to rebuild it like new, that is pretty rare for consumer goods.

Reactions: Dajolu and Sealcove
I called to verify stock for an item for my stove (it's down, waiting for this part), and they said they have 2 in stock. I then ordered it. That was a week ago. It has not shipped yet while 2 other stove parts companies' orders have already been received!

I realize that I'm not the most important person in the world, but I was hoping a kind email request would have the part here a little sooner.

Ah, nevermind.