Woodman's Parts Plus

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone do business with Woodman's Parts Plus recently? I was ready to order from them, but they did not answer two inquiries I emailed them and I started seeing a lot of negative reports on the web, some were from a few years back. Wonder how they are now?

I use them almost weekly when its busy and never had an issue with getting answers. product, etc. What were you trying to find out? Also, what contact method?

I use them almost weekly when its busy and never had an issue with getting answers. product, etc. What were you trying to find out? Also, what contact method?
Emailed them via their "contact us". I wanted to make sure their fire screen listed for an old Resolute (part # OR-1) would fit my Resolute III and I had ask them how to tell the difference between a pre-1985 Resolute and an after 1985 one. I found the answer to the last question myself, but am not sure about the screen.
All the negatives on the web concerns me. I do not want to end up sorry I did business with them.

Emailed them via their "contact us". I wanted to make sure their fire screen listed for an old Resolute (part # OR-1) would fit my Resolute III and I had ask them how to tell the difference between a pre-1985 Resolute and an after 1985 one. I found the answer to the last question myself, but am not sure about the screen.
All the negatives on the web concerns me. I do not want to end up sorry I did business with them.

Don't blame you for being cautious. In the notes on the order, I'd put "For Resolute 3 pre 1985. If this screen does not fit, order will be returned and charge cancelled" I know when I place an order with notes like "please confirm, blah blah" prior to shipping I get a response usually same day.

I contacted them by phone a couple of weeks ago. I placed an order late in the day on a Friday and received the part in CA the following Thursday.

I contacted them by phone a couple of weeks ago. I placed an order late in the day on a Friday and received the part in CA the following Thursday.
That is encouraging to hear. I guess when I order I should do it over the phone. That way I can ask about the fire screen before I order.

That is encouraging to hear. I guess when I order I should do it over the phone. That way I can ask about the fire screen before I order.

I received the wrong part twice ... they did refund the shipping on the last order but did not give me anything for the return shipping costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.