Woodmizer LT15

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lukem

Minister of Fire
Jan 12, 2010
Indiana
Looking at one for sale at action tomorrow. I know nothing about its condition.

Anyone know a reasonable price range?

No suggestion on a price, but a suggestion to think through what your really want to use this for. Although there are exceptions, IMO this is for light duty, and only occasional use. I have the LT40 hydraulic, and even with that there is quite a bit of physical effort involved. Woodmizers are great bandsaws, I really like mine, and I cut about 5000 bd ft per year. Not commercial, but I will sometimes sell some lumber to local carpenters. Good luck.

jebatty said:
No suggestion on a price, but a suggestion to think through what your really want to use this for. Although there are exceptions, IMO this is for light duty, and only occasional use. I have the LT40 hydraulic, and even with that there is quite a bit of physical effort involved. Woodmizers are great bandsaws, I really like mine, and I cut about 5000 bd ft per year. Not commercial, but I will sometimes sell some lumber to local carpenters. Good luck.

Just a hobby saw...occasional use.

Its really comes down to the average tree you have for milling. with a samll band saw like that I would think under 15 inch trees.

I got the chance to get a lt-40 SH and can get it for around 8000 and that is a great price on that model. Go to woodmizer and they will give you a general idea of its value. I can't think on it being more than 1500 to 2000 depending on hours and condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.