woodpellets.com New Year's special--anyone else get this?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

requin

Apr 26, 2008
Montague, MA
Anyone else get an email from woodpellet.com offering a special price of as low as $199/ton for additional tons after the first one at regular price?

I took a look, and to my zip they are offering Clean fire (which as I recall from this board, are pretty good) and Granules (I got 3 ton of Granules I"m burning now, and am not at all impressed. Low heat output and a lot of ash, imo). It seems like an ok deal BUT....the delivery charges are high (over $22/ton to my location in MA).

So if you tack that onto each ton, I wonder how much of a deal this is. I would be interested in getting some Cleanfire, IF it's a good deal overall....but.

Also, I think you must take delivery now...can't wait and get them delivered in the spring, and I'm not sure I have room for anymore in my garage yet.

I wrote to them to ask about this.

ANyone else have thoughts on this?

I got the memo but don't have enough room for more
than one ton right now so didn't pay much attention to
the details of it.

If you're sure about the quality of pellets they are bringing, I'd say it's worth it. Otherwise, I'd stick with a local supplier in case of quality problems. I thought you had to buy a truck full from woodpellets.com? Just my 2 cents.

nope, you don't need to buy a full truckload from them. Last year I got just 3 tons and only paid $35 total for delivery. This was very convenient for me, and a better delivery charge than the local places. (I do not have a truck or a way to pick up tons of pellets).

They delivered when they said they would, they placed them in the driveway where I told them to (I wasn't home), and the pallets of pellets were wrapped well. I'm not thrilled with the Granules, but that's not woodpellets.com's fault.

To the poster who posted the thread about pellets in Monson--Monson is quite a way from where I live (Montague) and as previosly mentioned, I don't have a truck.

I'm not actively looking for pellets at this stage but when I got the email from woodpellets it started me thinking about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.