1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisasst

chrisasst Minister of Fire

Loc:
    cortland ny
    I see that they are now offering new england wood pellets and cleanfire. I thought these were the same? They have the cleanfires at a higher price... confused now..

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. timss13

timss13 Member

Loc:
    Peterborough, NH
    CleanFire is different than NEWP. I think once upon a time, NEWP had a relationship with them. I ordered the CleanFire Pacific which I hear is comparable to Okanagan.
  3. chrisasst

chrisasst Minister of Fire

Loc:
    cortland ny
    my delivery option would be new england pellets ( which not so good in my stove) or the cleanfire ( green bag) which I never tried..so
  4. imacman

imacman Guest

CleanFire hardwood is the same pellet as NEWP.....they are just bagged for PelletSales (same as "private label" items you find in the supermarket). I was told this directly by PelletSales. They come from the upstate NY Schuylerville plant.

CleanFire pacific are softwood and bagged at a different place.
  5. Oilhater

Oilhater Member

Loc:
    Southern NH
    This year, Cleanfire Pacific will be/is being made by Princeton Co-generation Corp which makes Eagle Valley pellets. I burned a ton of these this past winter. Very clean, barely any fines or dust, good heat. Last year,(or the year before) the CFP's were made by Westwood (Okanagan).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.