Woodpile Aug 2013

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glennm

Burning Hunk
Dec 26, 2010
S Ontario
Hi
I lurk here a lot and really enjoy reading about everyone's passion for wood heating. I have been burning wood for a long time now (1970's) and I have been really busy the last couple of years cutting. Here is some of my stash, I still have some splitting to do and a bunch of dead trees to cut. At 4 cords a year I think I have enough to last a while!

Wow!! Just wow! That is awesome, great looking stacks as well. Thanks for the video.

:eek::eek::eek: The bar has been raised! Nice stacks!

Lol...."a fair bit" indeed sir!

I bow down. You win!

Reactions: ScotO
No matter where you turn there's wood! Fantastic job of stacking so much wood. This is the second time in a week I've had stack envy.

Nice work Good Sir......I can see you appreciate having some dry wood on hand.

Thanks for the comments. I just work slow but steady, seems to add up. Scotty? Are you my cousin?

Awesome. Like that rubber roofing. Scotty approved of course.:)
I'm starting to triple up my rows now also.:) definitely a Wood Hoarder.

By my reckoning, that is pushing fifty cords. _g_g
That is one helluva job! Congrats! :cool:

You could join Scotty's FHC here, but there would be no advancement possible....unless he adds some higher rankings. ==c I've been meaning to join but I'm having trouble reading through the entire thread, which I want to do first. :oops:

Thanks everyone. The sad part is my son wants some wood and I hate to give it to him after working so hard! Any ideas for keeping the rubber roofing from blowing up in the wind?

And you did that in "a couple of years"?? That's incredible! You could take a break but I have the feeling you can't at this point. Go ahead and give the kid a little wood, it'll make it look like it's not an addiction. ;);lol
I can't believe the roofing is blowing off; The sheer gravitational pull of all the wood should have it stuck on there like glue. ;lol

Actually, it's a 3 year project but we both ( the kid and I) burned a few cords in that time. I am addicted and have been for a long time!

You are not Scott's cousin, but likely his Grandfather. !!!

Holy Chit Man! That is some serious wood. At only 4 cord a year, you only have 1 stove? Does your barn have a stove? I'd be heating my car with wood with that much!!

Very nice.

Great work! How dou you like that montpelier, does it do a lot better with the older wood? Thanks....

Hi
I lurk here a lot and really enjoy reading about everyone's passion for wood heating. I have been burning wood for a long time now (1970's) and I have been really busy the last couple of years cutting. Here is some of my stash, I still have some splitting to do and a bunch of dead trees to cut. At 4 cords a year I think I have enough to last a while!

Great video--beautiful stacks and sheds. I wish I had enough land to do that.

I have two stoves, the Montpellier and a Jotul f3cb. The Monty is a bit small for our place, I feed it a lot and when it's really cold I need both stoves. I think I will put some roxul in the outside chimney as well as some sheet metal to see if I can cut down the heat loss. The Monty likes the well seasoned wood as does the jotul.

I get all my wood right here, the EAB has helped with that. There is so much dead ash around and I can't stop, I feel like I'm leaving money on the ground if I don't get it home. I have some good gear to help with the job but I do split vertically (my only option)

Scotty has some competition:)
Competition?? Hell, he blew me completely off the map with his hoard!!
Where's our founding member? Somebody wake him up. He needs to see this.
I'm here, I'm still in shock though! Wow, and we all though we had problems? This guy's got it REALLY bad!!:p

I think this guy must be Scotty's long lost cousin or something....

Scotty? Are you my cousin?
You are not Scott's cousin, but likely his Grandfather. !!!
Glenn, I think we're going to have to go for a blood test.....that way, if we are in fact related, I can figure out a way to try and get some of that hoard from you!!!!
Thanks everyone. The sad part is my son wants some wood and I hate to give it to him after working so hard!
Yep....this confirms it......you have a REALLY BAD PROBLEM!!;)

Any ideas for keeping the rubber roofing from blowing up in the wind?
Glenn, I have the exact same setup at home...rubber roofing on the top. What I do is use small drywall screws with 3/16 fender washers, I go along and screw the roofing down every 4 feet or so, which works great until you have hurricane (like we had Sandy) come through. Then you need some backup help. I put granite stones every 4 fee along the stacks on the front, middle and back edge of the roofing, right on top of the stacks. Never had a problem since......

All jokes aside, I'll come up there and rattle your cage if you don't join the Firewood Hoarder's Club......we'll definitely have to add a couple more categories to the club, you've blown the whole thing out of the water! Great hoard, my friend!! Click on the link in my signature to join with us!!

Reactions: Trilifter7 and Gark
Hi

I'm going to mark this thread and watch it every time I feel like I have enough wood--it's inspirational!

Reactions: Woody Stover
Status
Not open for further replies.