woodpile critter safety game.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osagebow

Minister of Fire
Jan 29, 2012
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Love having the boys work on stacks, but we have plenty of black widows, coppers and the occassional rattler. Came up with an idea to keep them on their toes:

Spotting a widow while stacking earns them $1. Any snake gets them $5. They moved and looked carefully all morning, checked every split, and kept their gloves on.

Moving a nasty old cord cost me $3 today. Also had a funny 20 minute argument after the younger one demanded 4 bucks for seeing a fence lizard.

Ah yes the green stamp motivational theory- always worked fairly well for me as well. Negotiations can be a bit tricky at times though.

Reactions: osagebow
Learning to negotiate at a young age is a very valuable skill. Remember, "you deserve what you negotiate"!

Reactions: osagebow
This is the same kid that wanted to scam the tooth fairy when she left money and forgot to take the tooth.
"Dad, I'll wait a few days and put it back, she'll think it's a new one!"

He was 5. Yes, my family does have a long and checkered history with the good people in law enforcement.

While turning over a pallet. Don't know which was faster. My 5 year old granddaughter saying "Granddaddy! Black widow! or me letting it go. Turned out not to be a black widow, but I still told her "thanks! you may have saved my life".

Status
Not open for further replies.