1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Woodpile insect control spray

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by Bocefus78, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Bocefus78

Bocefus78 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Just Outside Indy
    I bought this to spray my yard with and noted that the label has specific instructions for woodpile insect management. Works on termites, carpenter ants, ticks, and a whole lot more. I will save some reading for ya'll and tell you it says to spray the ground around and underneath where you will be stacking or storing wood. $42 for enough concentrate to make 100 gallons. Can be used indoors as well.

http://www.kellysolutions.com/erene...nsecticide___089363__7_15_2010_9_51_01_AM.pdf

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Plow Boy

Plow Boy Member

Loc:
    Iron Station, NC
    Well never thought of protecting wood that I was going to burn anyway. But it would be nice to keep those back ants away.
  3. Applesister

Applesister Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Upstate NY
    Its a download I'll have to read later. I think its a good idea to use preventive steps to protect outbuildings and homes. If you like to stack wood up against the sides of wooden structures. And Im reluctant to use the more drastic pesticides near personal living areas. I dont think I would spray it on the firewood itself. If it contains residue qualities. Have to check it out.
    I have powderpost beetles eating the crap out of my horsebarn and it IS all pine. Someone said they dont go after pine....but yeah they do. It was from storing infected wood in the barn.
  4. DanCorcoran

DanCorcoran Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Richmond, VA
    Talstar (another termiticide) specifically says it's okay to burn the wood after 30 days. Its labelled for carpenter ants, as well as termites and other pests, and is okay to use in poultry houses and other inhabited areas as long as you follow application instructions.
  5. Trilifter7

Trilifter7 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Beavercreek Ohio
    My dad use to get a lot from Lesco. I'll have to check that stuff out! Thanks Bo!!