Woods Get-Away

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ISeeDeadBTUs

It's been too long since I got into the woods. Before the 'storm' I figured I'd try to make up for lost time. I got about 1.5 cord cut.

Before I got into the woods, I thought I'd try a piece of ply on top of a two-row toolbar for holding saw and other tools. While in the woods I decided to test it for additional wood haulage.

Observation 1 . . . I need a way to contain the tools so they don't bounce off on the way up. And I need a way to restrain the wood, and more of it.

With the extra cutting, there was only time for two trips. Second trip involved putting a big trunkage of Red Oak in, which destroyed my back. But this trip I at least brought a ratchet strap to get more on the back

A day in the woods in cold and snow beats a day in the office. Too bad the phone was ringing the whole day. Fortunately when either the tractor of saw are running, I can't hear the phone :coolsmirk:

Yup, you need some sideboards on that thing. Doesn't look like you can haul much more than directly into the bucket.

Hey, storm coming or not you should be able to go through a lot with that tractor. Nice thing is you can always scoop your way through the tough parts.

Nice haul, what type of wood did you grab?

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.