Woodshed done.. just in time

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

barmstrong2

Feeling the Heat
Nov 2, 2007
Maine
Got the sheathing done on the woodshed. Really looking forward to not having to knock snow and ice off the firewood. 8X16X7. We have 5.25 cord of 2&3 year wood inside, and 1/2 cord of chopped cedar for kindling.
Let it snow!

1443384809938.jpg

nice job, looks good

It does look good, gives me an idea what I could do to my shed. Maybe on both sides of it.

Nice!!

Simple......yet practical!

Cmu = concrete masonry unit = blocks. I was just curious how the walls were attached since it's a permanent structure.

Might wanna get some sakrete and fill those empty blocks up. Eventually the weather will foster perfect conditions for them to fill with ice and break. Easier to fill them than replace them. Better footprint also.
If you get the sakrete already mixed with sand you can just pour it in dry if you want. Weather and ground moisture will do the rest.

Reactions: barmstrong2
Status
Not open for further replies.