Woodstock Cottage Franklin Gas Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my new stove for my basement. A perfect space heater for 1,000 square feet. Not as much fun as a wood burner, but also alot easier and no mess.

Attachments

• DSCF1774-1.jpg
    DSCF1774-1.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 636
I am looking into what I think is a smaller version of that heater. It has 8000 btu output and can be mounted on a shelf. It will be installed in my son's sun-room addition. Due to all the Andersen windows I may have a clearance issue with the direct vent termination on the outside of the building. The stove itself can get pretty close to combustibles. Let us know how you like it.

RPK1

I have been using this stove since November or so. My comments are. Relatively quick to warm up...about 1.5 hours although it heats through the glass immediately. The remote has a thermometer. Recommended...although, interestingly enough, I'm not sure that I've ever done anything with the remote in terms of programming. There is a manual switch to raise flame height or lower incrementally down to pilot flame only mode. I think the stone is pretty and overall a good looker...although my Hearthstone is prettier with it's enameled paint and polished stone.

In terms of heat output, this one keeps a 1,000 sq foot basement warm...about 80+ by the stove and about 75 across the room. The glass stays clean. The stove is very convenient to use. No lighting it as it's always on with the pilot.

I am pleased and would buy it again. If I move, this is coming with me.

My budget...$1250 factory demo, about $750 on pipe, about $800 on install although I do taxes for the pipefitter, so that's on trade.

The littler one should be the same stove...albeit for a smaller space. about 1/3rd the BTU output of this one. The stove pipe for that one should cost about half according to the brochure I've read on the stove your considering.

Status
Not open for further replies.