Woodstock Party Pics - Brother Bart shows up in Woodstock!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I are both already talked into it. We just have to come up with the money.

Flatbedford said:
My wife and I are both already talked into it. We just have to come up with the money.

If you sell that Fireview at the right time you could shorten the money span issue.. Buying a Woodstock is almost a cult thing like Harley Davidson lol.. Personally I think it's worth the trip! My wife never saw the stoves in person so she can't relate as well as we can..

Ray

Battenkiller said:
BeGreen said:
And that was while it still was burning! :coolgrin:

Ha, ha! Ya, you should see the cool burn marks on her forearms now. Like that old TV show, Kung Fu, where Kaine carries the flaming cauldron out of the temple, then plunges his arms into the snow, remember? Only we didn't have any snow, so we stuck her arms in Pen's cooler.

Thank God for that :)

GAMMA RAY said:
It was a pleasure ciccio meeting you as well as your beautiful wife. I am glad we had an opportunity to talk about the great customer service you received from the folks at Woodstock. Actually you should tell the other burners here about the great service...
Looking forward to hearing your progress on "The Progress".....
Pics or it didn't happen!!! ;-)

BTW...if anyone else pm's me....I can't respond....I exceeded the amount allowed in 24 hours....I got a lot of pms about the trip dammit.... :)
Maybe BB can push the magic button... :)

Pleasure meeting you Gamma and your husband I will keep everyone updated on the stove once I get it installed, it's going to be some job getting that beast up on my hearth... Woodstocks customer service in by far the best in it's class they spend so much time with you and answer every question you have and if they don't know a answer they are honest and tell you they are not sure or will get back to you when they know the answer very honest people.

ciccio

Sorry to have missed you all
I was driving from Me to Vt
With my 17 y.o. To look at colleges
But stopped on Sunday
DOH!
Closed Sunday jokes on me!

Ah well maybe next year

Tom

Jags said:
Hey Jake - I noticed you have a hat in your hands.......... :cheese:

And BroB - that man bag you have to your right is....uh....stylish??

Jags, sadly Jake and I did not have enough time so I could teach him the proper method of splitting wood. I think I explained it well to his partner though and he agreed. You see, God made trees to stand vertically and any that are grown horizontally are freaks of Nature. Need I continue this or do you get the gist of where it was going from there?

Ciccio and his lovely wife were great at Woodstock and it was our pleasure to meet with them. He will be getting his stove before we will too.

btw, the ash pan they had at the factory last weekend is NOT the final product but was put together quickly just to show about what it will be like. Actually there were a few other things that were not finished too, such as the numbers on the draft control which will be added and, of course, they are still working on the thermostatic control and a few other upgrades. One thing I really pushed Tom on is the firebox door handles. It will really be a big upgrade if they finally get a handle which can be turned or pulled without using a tool or gloves. I do believe that is in the works along with many other things.

iskiatomic said:
I just need to work on an avatar.

Damn it!

KC

Perhaps a pair of skis would do?

Backwoods Savage said:
You see, God made trees to stand vertically and any that are grown horizontally are freaks of Nature. Need I continue this or do you get the gist of where it was going from there?

Exactly, at our age ending up horizontal is not something we want to think about. It is the end for a tree and...

Backwoods Savage said:
Jags said:

Jags, sadly Jake and I did not have enough time so I could teach him the proper method of splitting wood. I think I explained it well to his partner though and he agreed. You see, God made trees to stand vertically and any that are grown horizontally are freaks of Nature. Need I continue this or do you get the gist of where it was going from there?
How do you stack that vertically split wood? Also interested in your stove loading, lol. I hope you put that Jake guy in his place, though.

Danno, Jake is a really nice guy like most of the rest of us are too. He even brought some really neat stuff with him. And the wood is stacked horizontally because it is dead.

Backwoods Savage said:
Danno, Jake is a really nice guy like most of the rest of us are too. He even brought some really neat stuff with him. And the wood is stacked horizontally because it is dead.
Someday I hope to meet you all, too. Jake especially. I really wanna see for myself if he is as wordy as he is on the forum :D

Fred61 said:
I post in the Boiler room and lurk in the Hearth Room. Since I had to be in the area to pick up a FED-X package and actually drive past Airport Road, the plan was to stop by and possibly slurp down a free beer or two. After meeting the fine folks from Hearth, I ended up staying all day. I did sneak out at about 2:30 to pick up my package and then returned and stayed 'till late afternoon. I had wanted to meet Dennis since he seems to be an interesting personality from what I see of his posts. Found out we are nearly the same age and of similar backgrounds.
I found it amazing how similar the members are in personality and sense of humor. You are a great bunch!!

Butch

Butch, it was a pleasure meeting and talking to you.

Backwoods Savage said:
Ciccio and his lovely wife were great at Woodstock and it was our pleasure to meet with them. He will be getting his stove before we will too.

btw, the ash pan they had at the factory last weekend is NOT the final product but was put together quickly just to show about what it will be like. Actually there were a few other things that were not finished too, such as the numbers on the draft control which will be added and, of course, they are still working on the thermostatic control and a few other upgrades. One thing I really pushed Tom on is the firebox door handles. It will really be a big upgrade if they finally get a handle which can be turned or pulled without using a tool or gloves. I do believe that is in the works along with many other things.

Dennis it was a pleasure meeting you and your wife I had a great time talking to you....

Danno77 said:
Two questions:
1. Was the vertical and horizontal splitting debate settled?
2. At what distance could Gamma's jingling wrist-wear be heard?

1) I was good and didn't really get into it much with Dennis . . . actually we hugged, cried, hugged again and he agreed that splitting wood horizontally is the best way to split wood . . . it could have been the beer talking though. ;)

2) 10-15 feet . . . depending on the wind conditions.

iskiatomic said:
I just need to work on an avatar.

Damn it!

KC

And several days later . . . still no avatar . . . good to meet you ISkiatomic.

fishingpol said:
Speaking of beverages. What is the verdict on Moxie?

Edit: I'd drink it before Yeungling. :sick:

I think it was great . . . then again I brought down a 12-pack . . . although my wife cautioned me to just pour a bit into cups since Moxie isn't for everyone . . . apparently some folks think it tastes horrible . . . although Craig was trying to be diplomatic when I asked what he thought about it.

GAMMA RAY said:
A couple more pics...
The balloon flew overhead at the end of the day and landed at the airport across the street...pretty neat..
Why yes BrowningBar, the bracelet(S) offer some very special powers indeed....about 20 of them...I can't tell you what the powers are though, top secret... ;-)

Someone asked about the Moxie...how I liked it....it rocked!!! It tastes like a combo between root beer and Dr Pepper. I heard it is available here....gonna git it...

Moxie is good stuff . . . glad to hear you found a source.

Flatbedford said:
I think Moxie would be better with Vodka. Voxie or Modka.

It was a great time. The folks at Woodstock Soapstone are the best! There were excellent hosts. It was great to meet some of my hearth.com friends. A good bunch they indeed are. Kinda funny that the get together degraded down to drinking out of Pen's trunk in the parking lot!

That new stove is awesome! Dennis put a deposit on one....That's how good it is. I'd like to trade my Fireview in for one.

I told my buddy Aaron about Voxie/Modka . . . of course he likes to mix it with Rum . . . Rumie? Moxum? :)

It was a good time . . . but apparently I left way too soon.

Dennis actually put down a deposit . . . I know he was ruminating on the idea . . . I know I was seriously tempted to kick my beloved Oslo to the curb, but if I did that I would be following it soon thereafter as I know my wife would think I had gone over the edge . . . and yes . . . it really is that good looking a stove.

Fred61 said:
I post in the Boiler room and lurk in the Hearth Room. Since I had to be in the area to pick up a FED-X package and actually drive past Airport Road, the plan was to stop by and possibly slurp down a free beer or two. After meeting the fine folks from Hearth, I ended up staying all day. I did sneak out at about 2:30 to pick up my package and then returned and stayed 'till late afternoon. I had wanted to meet Dennis since he seems to be an interesting personality from what I see of his posts. Found out we are nearly the same age and of similar backgrounds.
I found it amazing how similar the members are in personality and sense of humor. You are a great bunch!!

Butch

What? No mention of the Maine Prize Package you won Butch? And here I thought you were really touched by winning this fantastic prize package? ;) :)

Then again, no one even mentioned the whoopie pies and needhams (candy made out of mashed potato) I brought down from Maine . . . ;)

And again . . . I clearly left way too early . . . next year I'll have to plan out things better.

Jags said:

Good eye Jags . . . that would be your hat I promised you . . . the hat will be in the mail soon.

firefighterjake said:
Jags said:

Good eye Jags . . . that would be your hat I promised you . . . the hat will be in the mail soon.

Cool beans. Thanks a bunch.

Backwoods Savage said:
Jags said:

Whoa . . . whoa . . . whoa . . . a couple errors here.

Error 1 -- As I recalled it you agreed with me that splitting horizontally is the best way to split . . . but it could have been the beer talking. ;)

Error 2 -- Not that there is anything wrong with it . . . but my "partner" is a good friend who I lured down to the open house by telling him about the free beer and pig roast . . . although he told me getting the free T-shirt and learning about the new stove technology was interesting for him as well. My wife meanwhile was back in Maine looking for our missing cat.

Backwoods Savage said:

Again . . . it has to be the lingering effects of the beer. ;) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.