Woodstock pic teaser.. more to come!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

raybonz

Minister of Fire
Feb 5, 2008
Carver, MA.
Very impressive new stove with the best secondary flames I have ever seen!! Here a few pics of the new stove and Dennis with Judy!

Ray

Attachments

• 2011 10 07 003 (Medium).jpg
    2011 10 07 003 (Medium).jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 1,554
  • 2011 10 07 005 (Medium).jpg
    2011 10 07 005 (Medium).jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 1,481
  • 2011 10 07 006 (Medium).jpg
    2011 10 07 006 (Medium).jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,454
  • 2011 10 07 009 (Medium).jpg
    2011 10 07 009 (Medium).jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 1,417
  • 2011 10 07 012 (Medium).jpg
    2011 10 07 012 (Medium).jpg
    71 KB · Views: 1,388
  • 2011 10 07 018 (Medium).jpg
    2011 10 07 018 (Medium).jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 1,457
  • 2011 10 07 019 (Medium).jpg
    2011 10 07 019 (Medium).jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 1,437
  • 2011 10 07 035 (Medium).jpg
    2011 10 07 035 (Medium).jpg
    123 KB · Views: 1,584
Ignore picture 18, that's a cat from the Fireview...

Ray

Wow, beautiful stove, beautiful pics, beautiful folks! Thanks!

Hey can you please talk them into renaming it the "Sphynx"

I love that they put the little leaf/hybrid thingy on there like on the prius or whatever.

Thanks Ray. Stove looks mighty fine. Did they give you the clearances yet, many people chomping at the bit for them.

tickbitty said:
Wow, beautiful stove, beautiful pics, beautiful folks! Thanks!

Hey can you please talk them into renaming it the "Sphynx"

I love that they put the little leaf/hybrid thingy on there like on the prius or whatever.

LOL I spoke to Tom the owner and many people echo the same sentiments but I doubt the name will change.. To see it burn is an amazing experience! FYI I have seen the real Sphynx when I went to Egypt when in the Navy and that stove bears no resemblance lol...

Ray

Todd said:
Thanks Ray. Stove looks mighty fine. Did they give you the clearances yet, many people chomping at the bit for them.

You're welcome Todd, no mention of clearances but I didn't think to ask.. Dennis seems very interested and if you saw the fire show you'd be too.. The fire show is simply mesmerizing to watch!!

Ray

So nice to see the new hybrid, and its very attractive looking too. Dennis seems to be very happy, he looks like hes right in his element. Thanks Ray, looks like you folks enjoyed yourselves...

Webmaster said:
It lives!
It lives!

It's alive!

It definitely lives and it is one serious heat monster!! I suspect you can heat a very large home with this beast and it appears very efficient too.. The stack temp was only 350 with those secondaries cranking away!

Ray

My Oslo heats my home said:
So nice to see the new hybrid, and its very attractive looking too. Dennis seems to be very happy, he looks like hes right in his element. Thanks Ray, looks like you folks enjoyed yourselves...

Yeah Dennis is right at home here with Woodstock.. The people at the factory are all friendly including the owner that sat down and talked to us for around an hour.. They treat Dennis like royalty and they all know him by name.. I have spoken to them over the phone and they remembered talking to me and probably will never forget lol!!

Ray

Hello all. Yes, we are having a good time .

I expectd to like the new stove but I am simply amazed. It is awesome!

I won't be on here long and won't post much. THIS keyboard at the hotel sucks! JUST Wanted to say hi to all. AS you can tell by the capital letters and mis spelling this is sort of a trash computer and terrible keyboard.

More after I return home. WE ARE considering placing a deposit on the new stove too. that is how impressed I am with it.

Dennis & Ray,

That is one mighty fine looking stove and you are right, the firebox with flames is terriffic. I especially like the view of the logs against the andirons (like my Keystone) vs the N/S cigar burn I am doing with my Englander. I guess what the secondaries don't pick-off, the cat gets as the gasses make their way out of the stove to the chimney.

How easily does the lid hinge up? How easy is the cat to inspect/clean and replace?

Ray - are you going to dump the T5 for one of these new Woodstock stoves..... ;) Somehow, I think the Englander 30 might have it's potential replacement if I ever recover from this home addition!

Great report!

Thanks,
Bill

Thanks, Ray, for taking and sharing! Can't tell you how thrilled I am to see pics. Is the Progress with the fire going the charcoal color on the castings?

Beautiful piece of work that stove is. Now, somebody walk over there and push that bottom door hinge pin down. :smirk:

Ray, in that first pic I noticed a sign above you that looked like it read "Coming later......the Progress hybird". I could not make out the rest. It looks like an some kind of insert? Any information on that unit?

Thanks

Someone stick a tape measure in that thing and get us real life usable space! :)

HollowHill said:
Thanks, Ray, for taking and sharing! Can't tell you how thrilled I am to see pics. Is the Progress with the fire going the charcoal color on the castings?

Oddly I didn't pay much attention to the color of the burning Progress Hybrid but I believe it was a lighter color and not black.. The fireshow was too distracting to know what color the stove was lol.. Glad you liked the pics! BTW Dennis needs your phone number as he lost it and sent you a PM..

Ray

BrotherBart said:
Beautiful piece of work that stove is. Now, somebody walk over there and push that bottom door hinge pin down. :smirk:

I didn't notice any door hinge pins! :)

Ray

Uncle said:
Ray, in that first pic I noticed a sign above you that looked like it read "Coming later......the Progress hybird". I could not make out the rest. It looks like an some kind of insert? Any information on that unit?

Thanks

No Uncle the pictures you see are of the Progress Hybrid and they have no inserts..

Ray

rdust said:
Someone stick a tape measure in that thing and get us real life usable space! :)

Dennis and I talked to Tom Morrisey and he said it is 2.7 cu. ft. usable behind the anvils so a real measurement.. It will take a 22" log if I recall correctly..

Ray

Wow! That is a big stove! Do we know the burn times on this stove?

BeGreen said:
Looks awful busy in there. Can it run at a lower clip?

No kidding. When the 30-NC burns like that for very long I am sitting tapping a Chimfex on the side of my leg. :long:

BeGreen said:
raybonz said:

Looks awful busy in there. Can it run at a lower clip?

Hi BG,
Those vids are as captured and don't know how I could change them.. Dennis was here at my room asnd FlatBedFord just dropped in..

Ray

Oh I see what you mean.. Yes you can lower that quite a bit but the show is still busy but less.. Keep in mind that the stack temp was only about 350 when it was really rolling..

Status
Not open for further replies.