Woodstock pic teaser.. more to come!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carol said:
Wow! That is big :) Do we know the burn times on this stove?

Hi Carol,
I think it's around 12+ hr. burn time claimed but in reality who knows? I would think that is possible with low air settings..

Ray

OOps sorry for the confusing posts Dennis was still logged in and used my laptop lol.. Hell even I was confused! To think he got credits when I actually posted! No wonder he has so many posts!! lol

Ray (in my account this time!) :)

Backwoods Savage said:
BeGreen said:
raybonz said:

Looks awful busy in there. Can it run at a lower clip?

Hi BG,
Those vids are as captured and don't know how I could change them.. Dennis was here at my room asnd FlatBedFord just dropped in..

Ray

Oh I see what you mean.. Yes you can lower that quite a bit but the show is still busy but less.. Keep in mind that the stack temp was only about 350 when it was really rolling..

That's good. It is an impressive show for sure. Did you notice what brand flue thermometer that was? Surface or probe?

BeGreen said:
Backwoods Savage said:
BeGreen said:
raybonz said:

Looks awful busy in there. Can it run at a lower clip?

Hi BG,
Those vids are as captured and don't know how I could change them.. Dennis was here at my room asnd FlatBedFord just dropped in..

Ray

Oh I see what you mean.. Yes you can lower that quite a bit but the show is still busy but less.. Keep in mind that the stack temp was only about 350 when it was really rolling..

That's good. It is an impressive show for sure. Did you notice what brand flue thermometer that was? Surface or probe?

I believe it was a Condar made for Woodstock and it is magnetic so the actual flue gasses would have been around 700..

Ray

Those are some impressive shots. Looks like a really good time is being had. Thanks for the update and enjoy the rest of the trip! :)

mhrischuk said:
Beautiful stove and much bigger than I envisioned.

When can I pick up the EQ?

After hearing nothing but good from this stove I have two questions.1. What kind of money will woodstock be asking for the hybrid and 2. Did any of the hearth.com visitors find any faults/cons during the demonstration?

My Oslo heats my home said:
After hearing nothing but good from this stove I have two questions.1. What kind of money will woodstove be asking for the hybrid and 2. Did any of the hearth.com visitors find any faults/cons during the demonstration?

Standard price is suppose to be $3,600 according to the person I spoke with at Woodstock via a phone call. Currently it is on sale for $2,400.

I hope that two years from now the frenzy is as much as it is now.

Rest folks. This sucker has not heated a house yet.

:wow: that stove is amazing. I may have to put one of these in the basement instead of another fireview. :wow:

thanks for posting the pics and videos

raybonz said:
Very impressive new stove with the best secondary flames I have ever seen!! Here a few pics of the new stove and Dennis with Judy!

Ray

Nice pictures Ray, it looks like a beast.

zap

BrotherBart said:
I hope that two years from now the frenzy is as much as it is now.

Rest folks. This sucker has not heated a house yet.

Being new with a $2400.00 price tag and yet to be in production it raises lots of interest plus it is the 1st stove that utilizes both secondary burn and catalytic at the same time.. If the price escalates to $3600.00 I would think it will scare lots of people off.. In speaking with Tom Morrisey what he wants is feedback from the Progress Hybrid owners as to what they like and do not like so he can focus on what people want.. I like how Tom thinks and he a down to earth common sense kind of guy because he creates what the customer wants not what he wants..

Ray

zapny said:
raybonz said:
Very impressive new stove with the best secondary flames I have ever seen!! Here a few pics of the new stove and Dennis with Judy!

Ray

Nice pictures Ray, it looks like a beast.

zap

Thanx Zap! I will taking lots more pics today and met Penn this morning also a very nice guy! It's great to meet the people that I have conversing with for so long.. Hopefully if I can make it next year and you make it I can meet you too!

Ray

The new stove looks very, very nice! I wish I could be there to actually see it and put some names with some faces hoepfully I can make it work one of these years lol.
I hate to even say this and I'll probably get flogged but technically speaking Vermont Castings came out with the 2in1 over a year ago and it utilizes secondary and catalytic at the same time :shut:

certified106 said:
I hate to even say this and I'll probably get flogged but technically speaking Vermont Castings came out with the 2in1 over a year ago and it utilizes secondary and catalytic at the same time :shut:

Well... since you brought it up. There is a major difference here. The VC model claims "The 2N1 series converts from catalytic to non-catalytic modes or vice versa in less than a minute. " Which is not at all the same thing as what the Progress does. The Progress is burning in both modes at the same time, not switching back and forth. (BTW, that quote is from the VC product literature).

Yeah it is kind of odd that vc doesnt talk very much about the fact that even with the cat in it still burns with secondary action before burning with the cat. Regardless of that fact i would still bet the new woodstock is the best duel system stove on the market and it looks really nice. I personally am glad to see them tone the victorian look of the stove down. I would love to see photos of what a slow burn looks like after loading the thing up and turning it down...... hint hint Ray ;-)

BrotherBart said:
mhrischuk said:
Beautiful stove and much bigger than I envisioned.

When can I pick up the EQ?

The Equinox is a keeper. The Victorian look doesn't fit into our contemporary style. Even the Equinox has the Queen Anne legs but it's not as ornate.

The Woodstock Progress does look very nice and the burn technology is looking mighty promising. If it was available when I got the Equinox I certainly would have considered it but the deal I got on the EQ might have locked that decision down anyway.

certified106 said:
Yeah it is kind of odd that vc doesnt talk very much about the fact that even with the cat in it still burns with secondary action before burning with the cat. Regardless of that fact i would still bet the new woodstock is the best duel system stove on the market and it looks really nice. I personally am glad to see them tone the victorian look of the stove down. I would love to see photos of what a slow burn looks like after loading the thing up and turning it down...... hint hint Ray ;-)

I haven't seen a VC 2n1 burn so I can't really say on it. However I suspect all cats will do a secondary burn to some degree, (even my FV puts on a bit of a show with nice rolling flames etc), but there is a difference between that and something designed from the ground up to burn with both injected air secondary burn and the cat engaged at the same time.

I'll try and see if I can get some video of a slow burn in the Progress.. We're headed out the door now :)

Slow1 said:
certified106 said:

I haven't seen a VC 2n1 burn so I can't really say on it. However I suspect all cats will do a secondary burn to some degree, (even my FV puts on a bit of a show with nice rolling flames etc), but there is a difference between that and something designed from the ground up to burn with both injected air secondary burn and the cat engaged at the same time.

I'll try and see if I can get some video of a slow burn in the Progress.. We're headed out the door now :)
Thanks, i hope you can get some good pics and maybe vidoes as the only way i will get to see one for awhile is through youys. I sometimes wish they had some sort of dealer network so i could see the stoves up close and personal lol

The VC 2-in1 stove can burn either/or, not both at the same time. Two switch it to 'non-cat' you remove the catalyst and burn it in 'everburn' mode. Two burn it in cat mode, you insert the catalyst into the chamber. Woodstock's CrappyName stove does both at the same time.

I heard there were some problems with a panel in the VC - don't know if it ever was fixed

Allright i stand corrected :sick: .....apparently i was misinformed by the dealer who stated the cat just sat in the exhaust path and there was still secondary combistion also.

Now enough abot the vc and lets hear/see more info on the progress.......i am still biting my nails waiting for some videos of the different burns..... :cheese:

Carol said:
I heard there were some problems with a panel in the VC - don't know if it ever was fixed

Do you mean the back panel of the fire box that covers the assembly and cat? Yes, I heard about some of them cracking. Do not have enough info to determine if it was user error, poor design, or just a part gone bad. I believe there was a thread on it somewhere here and I think it was just one user reporting it so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.