Woodstock pic teaser.. more to come!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
certified106 said:
Allright i stand corrected :sick: .....apparently i was misinformed by the dealer who stated the cat just sat in the exhaust path and there was still secondary combistion also.

Now enough abot the vc and lets hear/see more info on the progress.......i am still biting my nails waiting for some videos of the different burns..... :cheese:

I just got home 10 minutes ago and I have no more videos however other people were doing them from what I could tell.. Much bigger crowd around the new stove today so I hung back.. Had a great time and met many Hearth.com people including Craig Issod, Dennis, Penn, GAMMARAY, VirtualBB and Goose to name a few.. Got a few nice trinkets, and have many more pics to get off the memory card.. Many thanks to Woodstock for their hospitality and Hearth.com for supporting this event with some good beer and hard cider plus hats and super cedars.. Best was meeting all the Woodstock and Hearth.com people!

Ray

PS I know you're all wondering who virtualBB is aren't you? Maybe I'll tell maybe I won't lol...

BrowningBAR said:
The VC 2-in1 stove can burn either/or, not both at the same time. Two switch it to 'non-cat' you remove the catalyst and burn it in 'everburn' mode. Two burn it in cat mode, you insert the catalyst into the chamber. Woodstock's CrappyName stove does both at the same time.

You are correct the Progress Hybrid is the 1st woodstove ever made that does both at the SAME time! This is a major milestone and brings in an era of clean burning, efficient wood heaters.. This I feel will be the future of woodstoves to reduce emissions and increase efficiency.. Cool stuff!!

Ray

Definitely exciting to hear about the progress hybrid......glad you guys all had a great time i would have loved to put some faces with some names and have gotten to meet virtual BB...lol

certified106 said:
Definitely exciting to hear about the progress hybrid......glad you guys all had a great time i would have loved to put some faces with some names and have gotten to meet virtual BB...lol

Playing with the camera here's pics of Dennis and his wife, Mr. and Mrs. Gamma Ray and yours truly..

Ray

Attachments

• 2011 10 07 002 (Medium).jpg
    2011 10 07 002 (Medium).jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 540
  • 2011 10 07 003 (Medium).jpg
    2011 10 07 003 (Medium).jpg
    80 KB · Views: 521
  • 2011 10 07 005 (Medium).jpg
    2011 10 07 005 (Medium).jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 477
raybonz said:
BrowningBAR said:
The VC 2-in1 stove can burn either/or, not both at the same time. Two switch it to 'non-cat' you remove the catalyst and burn it in 'everburn' mode. Two burn it in cat mode, you insert the catalyst into the chamber. Woodstock's CrappyName stove does both at the same time.

You are correct the Progress Hybrid is the 1st woodstove ever made that does both at the SAME time! This is a major milestone and brings in an era of clean burning, efficient wood heaters.. This I feel will be the future of woodstoves to reduce emissions and increase efficiency.. Cool stuff!!

Ray

Ray,
Am I to assume that the hybrid will go through the testing phases now before it actually goes into production? What kind of date are they putting on this stove for a release?

Nice shots of the some of the hearth.com crew!

My Oslo heats my home said:
raybonz said:
BrowningBAR said:

Ray

Ray,
Am I to assume that the hybrid will go through the testing phases now before it actually goes into production? What kind of date are they putting on this stove for a release date?
Also, ask them if they still plan on changing the name and giving me my free stove...

raybonz said:
BrowningBAR said:

Ray

Ray,
Am I to assume that the hybrid will go through the testing phases now before it actually goes into production? What kind of date are they putting on this stove for a release?

Nice shots of the some of the hearth.com crew!

Quite frankly I only know that they are waiting for EPA test results just what they are I do not know.. If you call Woodstock I am sure they'll explain what the deal is.. As for the pics thanx we had a good time and hope to do this again next year! Gamma's hubby George was pretty stoked about the new stove and his wife Michelle was the driving force in getting him interested.. Some fun people to hang around with! Hope you can make it next year!

Ray

Danno77 said:
raybonz said:
BrowningBAR said:

Ray

Ray,
Am I to assume that the hybrid will go through the testing phases now before it actually goes into production? What kind of date are they putting on this stove for a release date?
Also, ask them if they still plan on changing the name and giving me my free stove...

They mentioned giving you a free stove but figured you weren't interested as you were a no-call, no-show.. Oh well maybe next time!

Ray

raybonz said:
Danno77 said:
raybonz said:
BrowningBAR said:

Ray

Ray,

They mentioned giving you a free stove but figured you weren't interested as you were a no-call, no-show.. Oh well maybe next time!

Ray

Where I work a no call no show puts you on the fence for sure. Go forward 10 steps go back 9...

I want to thank all hearth.com members, especially Ray, Dennis and Judy, all fellow employees, and tom Morrisey for another sucessful open house! Thankyou forum members that I talked to, and met. We ALL had a wonderful time.

Here are two videos I took myself earlier in the day...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9Wj3XYv9yA&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3DyQ6XOVHA&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]

The first video is our Progress, the second is our Fireview. I wished I had combined the two in one video as a side-by-side comparison... But you get the idea...

nh_stovebuilder said:
I want to thank all hearth.com members, especially Ray, Dennis and Judy, all fellow employees, and tom Morrisey for another sucessful open house! Thankyou forum members that I talked to, and met. We ALL had a wonderful time.

It was a real pleasure to meet you Vaughn! Tom and Company are tops in my book! Hope to go there again sometime.. Based on all I saw, the people I spoke to and the pride you take in your work along with excellent quality I would have no reservations buying one of Woodstock's fine stoves.. Be sure to thank everyone for the warm hospitality and terrific food and grog!

Sincerely,
Ray

So did I win the new stove? :)

Slow1 said:
Yeaaaahhhh, Progress was your idea, right? I'm pretty sure you CC'd the email you sent to Woodstock when you submitted that. (you can pay me later)

Slow1 said:

No Dennis won by default.. I did hear him mutter that he will save the box for you though :)

Ray

Danno77 said:
Slow1 said:
Yeaaaahhhh, Progress was your idea, right? I'm pretty sure you CC'd the email you sent to Woodstock when you submitted that. (you can pay me later)

More wondering who won the drawing - I had to leave before the name was pulled from the box. I most certainly won't claim the name.

nh_stovebuilder said:
Slow1 said:

It was a woman from conn. I beleive. The name will be posted on our website, probally by Monday or so.

I knew I should have had the kids distract the ladies guarding the box so I could stuff the entries with more of mine. Oh well - I'm sure that will be one happy woman in Connecticut.

The Progress was definitely a show stopper. That was one sexy stove, and anyone thinking of buying one should have full confidence in the product. The secondaries were pretty amazing to watch. I don't know how there could be anything gasses left to burn in the cat. When I was watching, air entering the firebox from the secondary holes were all shooting like jets with lazy floating flames around the top of the firebox. It was pretty incredible. This is truly a "green" stove as a Woodstock employee pointed out on the logo. Great job everyone up there! I was impressed with the construction of the stove and the knowledge the staff had. Thank you to everyone at Woodstock and Craig for making the meet up happen. The food was fantastic and the weather was great. It was nice to meet up with everyone and swap stories.

Slow1 said:
nh_stovebuilder said:
Slow1 said:

It was a woman from conn. I beleive. The name will be posted on our website, probally by Monday or so.

I knew I should have had the kids distract the ladies guarding the box so I could stuff the entries with more of mine. Oh well - I'm sure that will be one happy woman in Connecticut.
And yes on her ticket she requested the hybrid stove....

fishingpol said:
The Progress was definitely a show stopper. That was one sexy stove, and anyone thinking of buying one should have full confidence in the product. The secondaries were pretty amazing to watch. I don't know how there could be anything gasses left to burn in the cat. When I was watching, air entering the firebox from the secondary holes were all shooting like jets with lazy floating flames around the top of the firebox. It was pretty incredible. This is truly a "green" stove as a Woodstock employee pointed out on the logo. Great job everyone up there! I was impressed with the construction of the stove and the knowledge the staff had. Thank you to everyone at Woodstock and Craig for making the meet up happen. The food was fantastic and the weather was great. It was nice to meet up with everyone and swap stories.

It was good to meet you and your wife!

Ray

nh_stovebuilder said:
Slow1 said:
nh_stovebuilder said:
Slow1 said:

I would have wanted the same stove.. Down the road I wonder if Woodstock will adopt the hybrid technology in all their stoves?

Ray

raybonz said:
nh_stovebuilder said:
Slow1 said:
nh_stovebuilder said:
Slow1 said:

I would have wanted the same stove.. Down the road I wonder if Woodstock will adopt the hybrid technology in all their stoves?

Ray

I'm taking bets on when that T5 is going up for sale..... ;-P

You too Ray. My wife mentioned what a nice group of people she met there today. I just wished the foliage was a lot nicer. I read an article in my local paper that said the sugar maples are suffering from a fungus that started back in May. The article also mentioned that by the year 2100, sugar maples may be wiped out due to global warming.

By the talk going around today, there may be some Fireviews coming up on Craigslist in the next few months when the Progress stoves get installed.

Great day, the factory was impressive, the food was great, the workers who provided a tour of the establishment were a class act, and the stoves in action were a show. Thanks to Craig for refreshments, and the company of hearth.com folks as well as the people who were there to simply enjoy the day for making it a great time.

It takes some balls to open your shop up to the world to come and inspect, ask questions and basically take free-reign. I couldn't be more impressed.

After seeing it run, I'd have bought a progress myself if I thought I wouldn't be spending the winter in the garage after the wife found out.

Tried like hell to get Mr and Mrs. Gamma to drop a dime on one; but I guess they want to burn their brand new 30 first :)

Thanks to all for the great time. Couldn't have been better unless the rest of you were here.

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.