Woodstock pic teaser.. more to come!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be. I'm trying to remember what the Bennington handle is made from. Wood, bakelite?

Hearthstone's are wood. The one on my Clydesdale doesn't get hot at all. It doesn't come off so you don't lose it.

mhrischuk said:
Hearthstone's are wood. The one on my Clydesdale doesn't get hot at all. It doesn't come off so you don't lose it.

The Heritage handles get mighty toasty at times. My delicate digits demand protection from their harshness.

BrowningBAR said:
mhrischuk said:

The Heritage handles get mighty toasty at times. My delicate digits demand protection from their harshness.

Ya think? Neither I, nor my dainty and soft fleshed wife, have never felt the handles to be hot. Only if you mistakenly touch metal. The hearthstone door latch/handle setup could use improvement but not in this regard.

nh_stovebuilder said:
mhrischuk said:
They probably added the tool for insurance and liability.

Much like our fireview and keystone/paladian models, this stove comes with a "fallaway handle" of sorts not so much for insurance or liabilty issues, but more for ease of use. Not a neccesary tool for operating the stove, but more of a "trinket" I suppose....

FWIW, I didn't think much of the fall away handle on my Keystone when I first bought it, seemed kind of stupid not having the handle on the door - but, most of the time I didn't use it as I already had a welders glove on when loading the stove. Having said that, I especially don't like the big honkin door handle on my Englander 30-NCH swinging around and out of place when I reload the stove. All of a sudden I'm thinkin' that the fall away handle would be nice on the Englander too.

Bill

Oh my!!! Freakin closeup of me and raybonz in this thread.... :lol:
Lil too close of a pic of me espeially after getting up at 5 am, travelin 6 hours and 5 dogfish heads..... :shut:

GAMMA RAY said:
Lil too close of a pic of me espeially after getting up at 5 am, travelin 6 hours and 5 dogfish heads..... :shut:

Don't worry eveybody looks good next to me! :lol: It's fun to do those pics and a great way to get yourself in the pics.. We all got the closeups that were present at that time..

Ray

raybonz said:
GAMMA RAY said:

Don't worry eveybody looks good next to me! :lol: It's fun to do those pics and a great way to get yourself in the pics.. We all got the closeups that were present at that time..

Ray

I think Gamma Ray would look good next to anyone

weatherguy said:
raybonz said:
GAMMA RAY said:

Ray

I think Gamma Ray would look good next to anyone

Yup, I'm thinking I got to get up earlier and figure out what dogfish heads are :red:

HollowHill said:
Yup, I'm thinking I got to get up earlier and figure out what dogfish heads are :red:

They are a notch or 3 above the busch light and yuengling I had her drinking yesterday. Mad I didn't get a picture.

pen

When I picked up my Fireview 2 years ago they explained that the "fall away handle" was required for safety. They also told me that I wouldn't need it. I am not sure where ours is now.

Flatbedford said:
When I picked up my Fireview 2 years ago they explained that the "fall away handle" was required for safety. They also told me that I wouldn't need it. I am not sure where ours is now.

Ditto, my first fireview install I did bolt on the little v-shaped holder for the tool and that's where the tool has been ever since (never used) and on the second one the tool and holder are somewhere with the original paperwork. Gloves are required for reloading, so no need for the tool.

I forgot about the holder. Maybe that's where our tool is.

Finally getting around to catching up on things here . . . random thoughts from the Woodstock Open House . . .

Freebies are fantastic . . . scored a T-shirt and some Super Cedars . . . but I couldn't convince Dennis to fake a medical emergency so I could load the PH into my truck bed.

Woodstock cider on tap!!! My buddy, who is a non-wood burner (he's the one who jokingly said he was my Parole Officer -- also the guy seen in some photos with Gamma and Brother Bart), was pretty stoked about the free beer and BBQ, but also found the technology of the PH quite interesting as he is a HVAC guy . . . he also explained to me the meaning of Delta T and his avatar which I never realized was a heating/cooling thing . . . I ended up having two cups of Woodstock cider on tap -- was only going to have one, but the guy running the kegs mixed things up with the colored cups and my buddy ended up accidentally taking a cider instead of a beer when he went for another drink. Good pulled pork as well.

I really loved the PH . . . this is the one Woodstock stove I would be tempted to buy . . . and tempted I was . . . but I cannot justify the cost when my beloved Jotul Oslo has done and is doing such a nice job of heating the house . . . stunningly beautiful stove though . . . as close to my dream stove as possible -- all it really lacks is a front door to open for easy cleaning.

While I went down to see the new stove in action, my main reason for heading down was to meet the on-line friends . . . and honestly this was the best part . . . even though both Flatbed and I had preconceived notions of how each other would look and both were off . . . I think I must have looked shorter and fatter than Flatbed had imagined. And I was good . . . I didn't even argue with Dennis about splitting wood vertically. It truly was good to meet some of the cast and characters live and in living color . . . this is the part I enjoyed the most.

And still not one word about me bringing down Maine whoopie pies, needhams (Maine candy made out of mashed potatoes -- chocolate covered with coconut) or Moxie . . . heck I spent over $60 bucks on this stuff alone . . . even raffled off a free Maine goodie basket . . . originally Flatbed won it, but he disappeared so I ended up giving it away to a hearth.com member Fred who hangs out in the boiler room.

All in all . . . it was well worth the trip down.

What! Gamma was talking up the moxie in some other thread somewhere. That is certainly unique stuff.

thanks for sharing, great to meet you.

pen

I wanted that cute lil basket Jake....how come Fred...(I mean Butch) got it...dammit? >:-(I think I was one of the only female members that went...

Jake, my wife really appreciated the basket of goodies you brought as did I. That was a nice touch....and some delicious stuff too.

pen said:
What! Gamma was talking up the moxie in some other thread somewhere. That is certainly unique stuff.

thanks for sharing, great to meet you.

pen

Same here Pen . . . just wish I had stayed longer . . . maybe next year.

GAMMA RAY said:
I wanted that cute lil basket Jake....how come Fred...(I mean Butch) got it...dammit? >:-(I think I was one of the only female members that went...

Well Flatbed would have had it if he hadn't run off to wherever . . .

Backwoods Savage said:
Jake, my wife really appreciated the basket of goodies you brought as did I. That was a nice touch....and some delicious stuff too.

So have you tried any of the blueberry jam yet?

firefighterjake said:
Finally getting around to catching up on things here . . . random thoughts from the Woodstock Open House . . .

Freebies are fantastic . . . scored a T-shirt and some Super Cedars . . . but I couldn't convince Dennis to fake a medical emergency so I could load the PH into my truck bed.

Woodstock cider on tap!!! My buddy, who is a non-wood burner (he's the one who jokingly said he was my Parole Officer -- also the guy seen in some photos with Gamma and Brother Bart), was pretty stoked about the free beer and BBQ, but also found the technology of the PH quite interesting as he is a HVAC guy . . . he also explained to me the meaning of Delta T and his avatar which I never realized was a heating/cooling thing . . . I ended up having two cups of Woodstock cider on tap -- was only going to have one, but the guy running the kegs mixed things up with the colored cups and my buddy ended up accidentally taking a cider instead of a beer when he went for another drink. Good pulled pork as well.

I really loved the PH . . . this is the one Woodstock stove I would be tempted to buy . . . and tempted I was . . . but I cannot justify the cost when my beloved Jotul Oslo has done and is doing such a nice job of heating the house . . . stunningly beautiful stove though . . . as close to my dream stove as possible -- all it really lacks is a front door to open for easy cleaning.

While I went down to see the new stove in action, my main reason for heading down was to meet the on-line friends . . . and honestly this was the best part . . . even though both Flatbed and I had preconceived notions of how each other would look and both were off . . . I think I must have looked shorter and fatter than Flatbed had imagined. And I was good . . . I didn't even argue with Dennis about splitting wood vertically. It truly was good to meet some of the cast and characters live and in living color . . . this is the part I enjoyed the most.

And still not one word about me bringing down Maine whoopie pies, needhams (Maine candy made out of mashed potatoes -- chocolate covered with coconut) or Moxie . . . heck I spent over $60 bucks on this stuff alone . . . even raffled off a free Maine goodie basket . . . originally Flatbed won it, but he disappeared so I ended up giving it away to a hearth.com member Fred who hangs out in the boiler room.

All in all . . . it was well worth the trip down.

My daughter and I shared the Whoopie Pie and it was great Jake!! Thanx for sending one home with me!! The needham was excellent as well and one would never know they had potatoes in them!!

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.