Woodstock Progress Hybrid Video

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More evidence to why a "brighter" name is needed. That flame is just too good looking to be called that. Only and first to have the combination of burn styles, a more solid name is needed. Progess sure, hybrid true, but as a name it sounds more like a give in, eh thats what we have been calling it. From such a grounded company. I was hoping for something more solidly suited.

How many splits were in there, and I wonder how long they'd last on "low burn"?
Yeah, low burn seemed pretty intense to me too. Would love to see a wider view vid of that, with flue and stove temp readings.
Oh, and maybe the name should be "Firestorm", as one of the guys exclaimed.

Awesome looking secondaries! Low burn I'm not sure about that. :)

Methinks they have a winner here. Looks great and I'm really looking forward to seeing it all put together and burning; low or high. So in less than 2 months we'll see that. Congratulations Woodstock.

Todd, thanks for keeping us updated.
That's a much improved slower burn and sounds like they still have some tinkering to do to get 12 hr. burn or longer.
Waiting for the pricing.

That looks impressive to me. The high burn looked like they were burning the heck out of the smoke, really impressive.

I don't know if I like the looks yet. That ash pan hangs down too much and takes away the nice looks from the upper stove. Maybe it looks better in person or with shorter legs and no ash pan. Nice fire though.

That is a very nice looking fire. I'm still somewhat ambivalent about the looks. It is less dated looking than the Fireview, but not as clean as the Keystone or Palladian. But I'll wait until they have some real photos to see how it really looks. At least they kept the legs slender instead of squatty duck feet. One thing I am not in favor of is the rear air control. I like this to be in front and highly visible, especially for HSWRSGBD! (he or she who runs the stove and gets a bit distracted).

I see you can pre-order them on their website. Special price from Sept 1 - Oct 31 or for the first 250 stoves.

Tim IA said:
I see you can pre-order them on their website. Special price from Sept 1 - Oct 31 or for the first 250 stoves.

Where?

Tim IA said:
http://www.woodstove.com/progress-hybrid-reservation On the left side navigation at the very bottom of the page. "Progress Hybrid Reservations"

Holy crap, only $2,400?

Better get your order in. Maybe I should too. After all, my fireview is almost 4 years old.

I bet they hit that 250 stove limit pretty quickly too once they can get one put together.

Todd said:
Wow! I thought it would be well over 3k.

I figured about $3,200. Based on their pricing structure.

It seems that with the short leg kit the rear flue exit height pretty much matches the fireview, a left door would be better for my set up and the 18x13" front glass is huge compared to the fireview... my reservation is already in.....

3fordasho said:
It seems that with the short leg kit the rear flue exit height pretty much matches the fireview, a left door would be better for my set up and the 18x13" front glass is huge compared to the fireview... my reservation is already in.....

I'm torn. It would be a great replacement for the Vigilant, but it would be best served where the Heritage is I'm guessing the clearances are the same as they are for the Fireview.

I think Woodstock should of posted the clearance requirements before taking orders. Maybe it will be less than the Fireview because of the top vent?

Although it's very tempting to try this new stove out I'm very satisfied with my 2 Keystones for now. Besides, my wife wants new kitchen countertops more than a new stove and no she doesn't want soapstone, she wants granite. It will be a very interesting hearing how these new stoves work out this Winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.