Woodstock Progress Hybrid - Metallic Gray??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woods4Life

Nov 8, 2013
Ohio
Does anyone have pics of the PH in the light metallic gray finish? I can't make the trip to the factory, and want to see the PH in this finish.. I'm torn between Charcoal and Metallic Gray... but no one has pics of the lighter Metallic Gray... on their site they only show colors on the Fireview, which is VERY different looking than the PH, I want to see an installed stove.. anyone??

Does anyone have pics of the PH in the light metallic gray finish? I can't make the trip to the factory, and want to see the PH in this finish.. I'm torn between Charcoal and Metallic Gray... but no one has pics of the lighter Metallic Gray... on their site they only show colors on the Fireview, which is VERY different looking than the PH, I want to see an installed stove.. anyone??
sorry, mine is metallic blue.

My son built a new house in New Hampshire this year. He toured the Woodstock factory and bought a Progress Hybrid from them. My Mrs and I helped with his project, and one of my tasks was to assemble the stove. It had some of the nicest, most complete, installation instructions I've ever seen. I was very impressed! I was also very impressed with the stove.

I've been there a couple of times, now that it's running, and it does very well. My son's house is built to Energy Star specs, and the saying "you could heat it with a candle" is almost true. Given that, probably almost any stove would heat it well. However, a load in the PH gives off a nice even heat for a long, long time.

With regard to color, my son's stove is the light metallic blue. It is a very subtle blue - almost grey. The paint color looks great with the stone.

From what I've seen, you probably can't go wrong in buying a PH. I think it costs more than twice what my stove cost, but you get what you pay for.

I know it's been quite a few months since you posted, but I work only ten minutes from the factory, and can take a picture for you if you'd like, and other colors as well. I'll take any excuse to drop by the factory. :)

We purchased the metallic blue, but honestly they all look sharp. My PH is boxed up and waiting for the chimney guys to schedule a date for install. Just finished my hearth the other night, still need to trim it out, but waiting to see exactly where it ends up.

@burndatwood, I'm looking at the metallic gray stove as well. Unfortunately, there aren't many good pics of it that I could find. So, if the OP doesn't respond, I sure would appreciate a few good pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have but those photos are small and don't provide much clarity because of that small size. Plus seeing the PH in that color helps a buyer feel better about what they're buying when logistically they're unable to see it in person.

If you click on the photo you will see a larger version. Ask Woodstock if they have any pictures of the PH in that color.

I work in the subjective field of "color". I do soft home furnishings (slipcovers, drapery) and I also do yacht interiors. Color is a huge part of my work and let me tell you that everyone perceives color differently. I tell my customers that there is "no such thing" as a perfect match, and that they shouldn't be frightened by what they think are "mismatches" in color. The most important thing to keep in mind is that the color you're about to choose is, "close" and/or "in the same family of color". OR, it provides a level of contrast with its surroundings that pleases you aesthetically!

I know that may sound flip, but it's true!. Too often my customers are flipped out that the "color is wrong" because they fail to consider the greater context of how the color will work in the overall aspect of the room. I hope these thoughts may help you:
1.) do you want the paint of the castings to contrast or blend in with the color of the stove?
2.) do you want the stove to blend in with surrounding room, or do you wish it to "stand alone"; a focal point of the room?

Just some random thoughts having returned from a marina and having installed 2 interiors that were case studies in how 2 owners approached their salons!

Good tips Bobbin. After building the second boat we had a request from a likely underworld dude to build one for him. Wanted the interior all black. We walked away from that one.

More random thoughts:
1.) Color is very personal. As individuals we respond very differently to color! and when/if our personal preferences vary too much from the "norm" we tend to get "nervous" and opt for something more "mainstream". ("dumb it down").
2.) Sadly, the loss of "art" from the core curriculum of public schools has left people bereft of any basic "skills" with respect to how color "works". Do you know about the color wheel? Primary colors? Secondaries? (tertiaries?); or how 2 primaries create secondaries (and how white and black make the tertiaries)?
3.) I don't want to frighten you!
4.) Color is FUN. Color is personal. And color shouldn't frighten you (disregard the pricetag for now), but spend some time thinking about #s 1 and 2 in my post above. I think they may help you winnow down your options and maybe open your mind to something you mayn't have considered before.

@burndatwood, I'm looking at the metallic gray stove as well. Unfortunately, there aren't many good pics of it that I could find. So, if the OP doesn't respond, I sure would appreciate a few good pictures.

Let me know if you need some pics.

For sure post some pics and thanks for the offer. They may help the next person.
Here's a photo I took today at the factory. I'll work on my photo quality/bluriness issue in the future.

5.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.