Woodstock Progress install with pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ciccio

Apr 5, 2011
new jersey
I just wanted to share a few pictures of my new stove which I am very happy with...I hope the pictures come out.

Attachments

• P1010910.jpg
    P1010910.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 1,134
  • P1010900.jpg
    P1010900.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 1,026
  • P1010909.jpg
    P1010909.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,043
Looks great! Give us more details on how it burns.

Looks awesome! Very sweet pics of the secondary flame action.

Outstanding!

Looks great!

pen

it's been burning great..I did my break in fires and i loaded it pretty good last nite about 10:30 pm engaged cat around 10:50 pm (there was a fire in the stove already so it was not from a cold start) temp in room where stove is when up to 74 before I went to bed( room where stove is located is about 550 sq ft) got up around 6:30 am room was 68 degrees stove top temp close to 300 degrees with a lot of coals left that could have burned for another 2 to three hours easy. This is a big diffrence from my old stove which I had to load every three to four hours. The temp last nite was about 28 degrees outside just to give everyone an idea.
very happy so far..

Great looking stove, Woodstock makes one heck of a product.

ciccio said:
I just wanted to share a few pictures of my new stove which I am very happy with...I hope the pictures come out.

What a fine looking stove, hearth and wall. Really sharp!!

Looks great. How's it drafting with those two 90s?

WoodNStuff said:
ciccio said:
What a fine looking stove, hearth and wall. Really sharp!!

Thank you

BrowningBAR said:

I have the pipe connected to the top flu so I just have one 90 unless your including inside the thimble which goes to a 90 in the chimney... but no problems with draft I have a masonry chimney with a 8 by 8 square clay insert, chimney about 25 feet high...I never had a problem with my old stove (vc vigilant) with the 8 inch pipe I hope all will be well with this set up.

ciccio said:
BrowningBAR said:

I have the pipe connected to the top flu so I just have one 90 unless your including inside the thimble which goes to a 90 in the chimney... but no problems with draft I have a masonry chimney with a 8 by 8 square clay insert, chimney about 25 feet high...I never had a problem with my old stove (vc vigilant) with the 8 inch pipe I hope all will be well with this set up.

I was.

I would really like to know how it compares to the Vigilant's heat output.

BrowningBAR said:
ciccio said:
BrowningBAR said:

I was.

I would really like to know how it compares to the Vigilant's heat output.

The vigilant would put out massive amount of heat but it was a harsh heat, I had to run it hot a lot so I can keep the chimney clean, but during shoulder season I would roast myself out of the room. The Progress is a very soft heat which in a cold room will take a little warmer to heat up but once it does it is so comfortable to sit in the room and the heat stays put with out changing much.
The vigilant I had to load every three to four hours on cold days to keep the house warm which meant having to lite a fire every day that I went to work, with the progress so far I only load it two times a day with temperature outside at night going down to 25 to 30 degrees so I am a very happy person right now less work and less wood. By the way my house is insulated very well.
I hope this will help you out.

Are those 12 hour burns with a full load? How long do you figure it will burn?

Looking good! I have to say, even the damper handle is growing on me (like a fungus). Good to hear your 8*8 flue is drafting well. I have about the same height, 7*7, interior chimney with the Progress coming this week and was a little nervous about the draft.

Keep the reports coming!

Waulie said:
Looking good! I have to say, even the damper handle is growing on me (like a fungus). Good to hear your 8*8 flue is drafting well. I have about the same height, 7*7, interior chimney with the Progress coming this week and was a little nervous about the draft.

Keep the reports coming!

I finally installed the charcoal painted handle. Like it much better! I'll try to post a pic later.

Man . . . I really like the way the PH looks . . . if only it had been out when I was looking for a stove.

I don't know if I like the looks of the ash pan hanging down there? It might look better if it were half that size.

I don’t know if I like the looks of the ash pan hanging down there? It might look better if it were half that size.

I think I agree. I'm not getting the ash pan and I'll definately post pics for comparison.

Nice pics, I like your hearth. If you could post a couple more pics maybe from different angles, that would be great! I'm trying to plan my hearth, and could use some more visuals of the actual stove.

That stove just looks like it was made for that hearth. Beautiful as is the rest of his home. btw, his wood is not the very best but not bad. Next year should be a dream for him with the wood he has in stock.

As for the ash pan, ours will not have it either so it will be interesting to see the difference in the stoves with and without.

[quote author="Todd" date="1323802648"]Are those 12 hour burns with a full load? How long do you figure it will burn?[/quote

Todd I have been using mostly uglies in the stove lots of small pieces so I am loading some pieces north south and east west just to try to fill the box as best I could.
We have been lucky here in new jersey with mild weather and I just got my stove so i will use all my uglies first and save my better wood for the cold weather.
Now about my wood, like Dennis has said its not that great and I agree 100 percent with him I have alot of oak that has been split and stacked for about one year and nine months(white oak) I have some maple and some other wood that I do not now what it is that has been split for about a year I do not know how long this wood will last me before I have to use the oak. I also got a cord of ash that I just split in the end of October but I don't know if it will be ready now.
So far I have been very happy with the stove coming from a smoke dragon stove this is like night and day longer burns less wood.
I hope this will help you with your question that you asked me, honestly next year I can give a much better report because my wood should be good by then.

WarmInIowa said:
Nice pics, I like your hearth. If you could post a couple more pics maybe from different angles, that would be great! I'm trying to plan my hearth, and could use some more visuals of the actual stove.

Sure I will WarmInIowa just give me a day or so I will take one from both sides

Status
Not open for further replies.