Woodstock's new stove; some updates

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That this is the coolest looking monster I've seen to date!
Are these types of stoves intended for the main living areas or more basement dweller?

Got me. But from the looks of it, you'd want that front and center. And since it's an oven, I'd think it would be in the main area at least adjacent to the kitchen. That thing is beautiful!

They had one going at the pig roast back in 2011. It is quite impressive!
DSCN1716.JPG DSCN1724.JPG DSCN1717.JPG

WOW!

Judy doesn't sit on milk crates. She is the one that checks and cleans the chimney.

Am I understanding it right that the andirons fold down/out when the door is opened? If so that will just be something to burn myself on when loading the stove. The stove is a front loader no reason for it to have andirons imo.

For sure folks will have to wear gloves when filling this stove. Which, I've always stated that everyone should do every time the fill the stove unless it is a cold start.

Reactions: Trilifter7
Me bad. Since getting the T6 I only put on gloves if I need to handle a split. That big door and firebox have helped me get down to one burn or less a season.

I always wear gloves reason being, I never throw or chuck my wood into the stove, especially with the soapstone inside the Fireview, I always set my wood in... that way no cracked stones!

Reactions: Tenn Dave
Likewise I don't chuck logs in. If needed, I use a poker rod with an L on the end to position the logs in the back. No cracked stones going on season 5. Note I think that gloves are a good idea in general. The big mouth of the T6 has just allowed me to be a bit more casual with loading. Now watch, my first fire of the season will result in a big arm hair singe.

Reactions: charly
Status
Not open for further replies.