1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Woodstove black angus burgers for lunch; ribeyes tonight ~PICS~

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by WellSeasoned, Feb 26, 2012.

1. WellSeasoned

WellSeasoned Guest

I had a good bed of coals going and I was hungry after today's css, I put some cheddar black angus burgers in the woodstove with some hickory mini splits. I need to purchase a bigger rectangular pan since the one I have is too small for 2 burgers. We fried up some sweet potatoes also, and I am planning on cooking some ribeyes again tonight and will post those pics tonight. Enjoy!]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

That looks great Backwoods, what type of glove or holder do you use when taking the skillet out of the wood stove?

zap
  3. WellSeasoned

WellSeasoned Guest

I use beaver skinned pot holders :p

Right now I have my welding gloves, and then I double up pot holders, and make a swift dash to the cast iron stove top in the kitchen. I gotta get the eating woodstove food in while its still cold. More ribeyes tonight..... Can't wait. Be we'll
  4. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

Good one, looks like steaks on the grill tonight with some pasta for us.

zap
  5. WellSeasoned

WellSeasoned Guest

Alas, there was ribeye. Medium cut, took 2 minutes to cook medium well.

[​IMG]

I might as well put some chocolate pudding cake up here too.

[​IMG]

And wifey wanted to roast some almonds. They had a great roasted smokey flavor.

[​IMG]
  6. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Damn you Backwoods . . . I'm getting hungry and my mouth is literally watering even though it's only 9:45 a.m. . . . that single bagel I had this morning isn't quite enough.
  7. WellSeasoned

WellSeasoned Guest

I heard that some woodstove smoked salmon and cream cheese is good on a bagel in the morning....... :lol: