Woodstove black angus burgers for lunch; ribeyes tonight ~PICS~

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WellSeasoned

I had a good bed of coals going and I was hungry after today's css, I put some cheddar black angus burgers in the woodstove with some hickory mini splits. I need to purchase a bigger rectangular pan since the one I have is too small for 2 burgers. We fried up some sweet potatoes also, and I am planning on cooking some ribeyes again tonight and will post those pics tonight. Enjoy!]

2012-02-26131404.gif

2012-02-26131550.gif

2012-02-26132737.gif

2012-02-26132957.gif

That looks great Backwoods, what type of glove or holder do you use when taking the skillet out of the wood stove?

zap

zapny said:
That looks great Backwoods, what type of glove or holder do you use when taking the skillet out of the wood stove?

zap

I use beaver skinned pot holders :p

Right now I have my welding gloves, and then I double up pot holders, and make a swift dash to the cast iron stove top in the kitchen. I gotta get the eating woodstove food in while its still cold. More ribeyes tonight..... Can't wait. Be we'll

Good one, looks like steaks on the grill tonight with some pasta for us.

zap

Alas, there was ribeye. Medium cut, took 2 minutes to cook medium well.

2012-02-26173030.jpg

I might as well put some chocolate pudding cake up here too.

2012-02-26174953.jpg

And wifey wanted to roast some almonds. They had a great roasted smokey flavor.

2012-02-26175508.jpg

Damn you Backwoods . . . I'm getting hungry and my mouth is literally watering even though it's only 9:45 a.m. . . . that single bagel I had this morning isn't quite enough.

firefighterjake said:
Damn you Backwoods . . . I'm getting hungry and my mouth is literally watering even though it's only 9:45 a.m. . . . that single bagel I had this morning isn't quite enough.

I heard that some woodstove smoked salmon and cream cheese is good on a bagel in the morning....... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.