Woodstove cooking in Alaska

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamarack

Oct 27, 2011
Northwest USA
Pic shows my wifey cooking up some freshly caught trout on the woodstove. She wrapped them in tinfoil and threw in some onions & peppers and seasoning.
We had flown into a remote lake in the Alaskan bush and stayed in a little cabin that thankfully had this stove and a woodpile.
Anyone know what kind of stove this is? It sure heated up that little cabin quickly.

And yes - those trout were delicious.

Truely fun cooking on a wood eater. We got to do some when without power a while back. Wife would have lved some trout. But beans and franks were just dandy for me and my boy!

Why do things always taste better when cooked on them?

Sounds delicious.
I bet it was a great memorable trip :)

j-takeman said:
Truely fun cooking on a wood eater. We got to do some when without power a while back. Wife would have lved some trout. But beans and franks were just dandy for me and my boy!

Why do things always taste better when cooked on them?

It's simple things in life that always seem better!!

NATE379 said:
Probably homebuilt. Insteresting sunglasses she has.

That's to protect her secret identity as a super hero. ;)

So the Witness Protection Program still uses those cabins in Alaska. I thought they sold them all. :smirk:

BrotherBart said:
So the Witness Protection Program still uses those cabins in Alaska. I thought they sold them all. :smirk:

OK smartypants - No more soup for you!
I don't blame you for wanting to see my beautiful wife, but we have a strict 'NO Show Face" policy as far as internet the internet goes.

Back to lurking - after all - this site doesn't need any new content, right? :zip:

"Alaska Cabin fever" symptoms already.
& so early into the winter :(

Sense of humor looks like it's already frozen up for the season. Seems kind of early to me, but who can say?

Status
Not open for further replies.