Woodstove glass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mellow

Resident Stove Connoisseur
Jan 19, 2008
Salisbury, MD
I had to get a new piece of glass cut and wanted to share a nugget of knowledge, every auto glass place I called now carries ceramic glass. Some carried neoceram and one place carried pyroceram. I went with the pyroceram due to being thinner and looks to be what the manufactor used, it was more expensive but the place used my broken piece as a template to cut me a new one in 10 minutes.

The online guys are good if you have time to wait for it to be shipped, but if you need it right now check your local glass places, I was amazed how many carry it now in my neck of the woods.

I went to my local glass place when I decided to change my glass. I was not in a hurry though.
The local place cost more than what I got it for online shipped to my house.

Why did you need a new glass?

I would of thought a glass place would of been a given. as it is glass.

No, it isn't glass. It's transparent ceramic. Google neoceram or pyroceram.

Good info. Never would have checked an auto glass shop.;)

Reactions: n3pro
Mine came pretty quickly form onedayglass.com
Just saying. We all gotta do, what we gotta do. No fault to be found there.

Status
Not open for further replies.