Woodstove/Pellet Stove for a family in need.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BrotherBart said:
On more than one wood poor cold night my wife has caught me looking at her antique furniture with a "hungry eye".

She just points at my wooden gunning duck decoy collection and grins. Kinda like "Go ahead. Make my day."

I'm sure if it came down to freezing to death or having antique furniture and/or the wooden gunning duck decoy collection....the ducks and the furniture would be a burning!! Back not even a century ago it was not uncommon for people to be forced to burn the furniture and moulding in their homes to keep a family warm.....

Tracy I made the fat comment because ridiculous post above qualifying need. It was nothing personal as I never met you. (Joke) So here where I stand. I was hoping Craig would join in but learned a long time ago if you want something done, do it yourself. I have to scope out your setup to confirm feasibility and what is involved. When was the last time your chimney was cleaned? What is its age or age of the home? 1800 sq foot area right?

elkimmeg said:
Tracy I made the fat comment because ridiculous post above qualifying need. It was nothing personal as I never met you. (Joke) So here where I stand. I was hoping Craig would join in but learned a long time ago if you want something done, do it yourself. I have to scope out your setup to confirm feasibility and what is involved. When was the last time your chimney was cleaned? What is its age or age of the home? 1800 sq foot area right?

Hi Elk,

I've lived here a year in Sept, and was told the chimney had been cleaned that spring. Not sure if that is true but the people who lived in my house before me took very good care of the house. The chimney I'm guessing is as old as the house which was built in 1983. Yes, it is about 1800 sq feet. Anything else you need to know?

Tracy

For those who did not follow your p[rior post post the picture here of the chimney and current setup of your existting stove setup.
As I remember a hearth pad maybe required to comply with combustiables and loading door issues

elkimmeg said:
For those who did not follow your p[rior post post the picture here of the chimney and current setup of your existting stove setup.
As I remember a hearth pad maybe required to comply with combustiables and loading door issues

Yes, I do think some sort of hearth pad would be needed....I've posted a picture of my current woodstove and a picture of my house which shows the chimney. Hopefully it's close enough to show you what you need to see. :)

Tracy

Attachments

• woodstove.JPG
    woodstove.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 283
  • 401001.jpg
    401001.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 296
Very nice girl has a very nice house :)

When you get your replacement, can I have your old stove? oh please oh please oh please!!!!

Hi Corie,

Thanks....I love my house even though it take a very large chunk of my income. But having my kids grow up in a nice home in a good neighborhood was my top priority. They do without what most of their friends consider necessitates. But hey they do just fine without cable and all the video games.
I'm all the way in Massachusetts just about down in Cape Cod....Might be a little bit of a hike from PA.
Verynycegirl is verysickgirl today :(

Tracy

A) I hope verynicegirl gets better

B) If the help was needed I would be more than happy to drive up and install the stove.

C) If driving up there meant I could pick up your old stove after the installation i would be MORE than willing to drive.

In fact, I'm looking at driving to Illinois to pick up a stove for this family as very real possibility

Status
Not open for further replies.