Woodstove shows in Michigan ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pallet Pete

Does anybody know of a good woodstove show in Michigan ?

Pete

If you find out, let me know. It would be nice to see many different brands in the same spot.
Used to go to computer shows, tool shows, etc. when we lived downstate.

I remember one back sometime around 1978 or thereabouts.

I've never heard of one. Sometimes you see vendors at home improvement shows and such, but that's about it. Wood burning isn't a major thing around here. The closest decent dealer is at least 45 minutes from me, and decent is about it. The closest dealer with a good selection and showroom is in Jackson, for me.

We've got a dealer about 25 minutes south in Fairview, one about 20 minutes west in Lewiston, and at least one I know about in Gaylord.
There's also one on the way to TC from here.
It's not really treated as a big thing here, it's just that everyone (seemingly) up here burns.
I can see it being a major undertaking to haul a bunch of stoves to a convention center, and wouldn't want to do it. I want them to though.;lol

I talked to a vendor at a show once. It was quite entertaining, since he didn't have any idea I was 'educated'. I told him I was looking for a cat stove and then I got the whole lecture about how they suck.
Would be kinda fun, but the shows I know of like Pete wants are national trade shows. Like Papa says, it's quite a job for a weekend gig, likely without a whole lot of interest.

I am not looking for a new stove but love to look at them and see the new designs all in one spot. Around here wood burners are everywhere around us you can see the chimneys out the roofs. I was thinking maybe that would be the motivation for a show around here. I agree Dave it would be cool all in one place excpecially if every vendor handed out free beer hint hint vendors lol .

Pete

We've got a dealer about 25 minutes south in Fairview, one about 20 minutes west in Lewiston, and at least one I know about in Gaylord.
There's also one on the way to TC from here.
It's not really treated as a big thing here, it's just that everyone (seemingly) up here burns.
I can see it being a major undertaking to haul a bunch of stoves to a convention center, and wouldn't want to do it. I want them to though.;lol

Dave I think there is one in Kalkaska too.

Status
Not open for further replies.