WooHoo! a tip sweeet...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinj

Minister of Fire
Aug 11, 2008
Anderson, Indiana
Been busting out chains for 6 months now the repeat business is doing pretty well got a call from a guy last night at 8 pm wanted chains ready for today 4 of them got him rap up by 10:30 with a 10.00 tip got like that.

smokinjay said:
Been busting out chains for 6 months now the repeat business is doing pretty well got a call from a guy last night at 8 pm wanted chains ready for today 4 of them got him rap up by 10:30 with a 10.00 tip got like that.

Good job.
Anything to make a buck, or ten. :coolsmile:

PapaDave said:
smokinjay said:

Good job.

that was 30.00 for a little over an hour the chains sharpening jig not getting me rich but I have done over 500.00 just in the last 6 months (at 5.00-7.00 bucks a chain) helps keep gas and oil in the saw's and truck...

That's pretty sweet. Are you buying coils and selling new as well?

SolarAndWood said:

No I just sharpen that was enough of an investment for me at this time.

smokinjay said:
PapaDave said:
smokinjay said:

Good job.

that was 30.00 for a little over an hour the chains sharpening jig not getting me rich but I have done over 500.00 just in the last 6 months (at 5.00-7.00 bucks a chain) helps keep gas and oil in the saw's and truck...

smokinjay,
Sweet deal. The hardware in town charges $4/chain. Well, that was last year anyway.

PapaDave said:
smokinjay said:
PapaDave said:
smokinjay said:

Good job.

smokinjay,
Sweet deal. The hardware in town charges $4/chain. Well, that was last year anyway.

around here its 7.00 and up and thats grinding your rakers flat....that makes for a highly vibration that will fill like tennis elbow.

Gee, now I feel like I'm overcharging for $75/hour tutoring!

S

thinkxingu said:
Gee, now I feel like I'm overcharging for $75/hour tutoring!

S

lol you are...I look at this way if my hobbie can pay for its self over the next couple of years all is perfect.

I hear ya, and if it's free time it's free money--all while practicing a skill! Pretty sweet when all that comes together.

S

smokinjay said:
SolarAndWood said:

Go Big Or Go Home
Thats my motto.

Franchise out.
Smokin Jays Chains and Service International Unlimited
Your Motto could be?

Lifes Too Short To Cut With A Dull Chain.

Monkey Wrench said:
smokinjay said:
SolarAndWood said:

Go Big Or Go Home
Thats my motto.

Franchise out.
Smokin Jays Chains and Service International Unlimited
Your Motto could be?

Lifes Too Short To Cut With A Dull Chain.

over the last 3 years I have a lot in this hobbie and the next step would be doing it for a living. After buying the furance 460,361,troy built splitter, trailer organ 5111 a cyclone wheel,rigging and all the mislanis Jd tractor if all that cant make some money and start paying for its self than no reason to buy anything else. for awhile lol (and traded or sold off ms180,290,260)

Status
Not open for further replies.