Wooohoooo, New Toy!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DonCT

Minister of Fire
Dec 9, 2005
Bristol, Connecticut
With all the splitter talk, I decided to check the BackPages to see what's out there for sale. Managed to come across an add for a Ryobi 4 ton electric splitter for $150. Needless to say I was stoked. I just picked it up tonight, so I will not get to try it untill tomorrow when I get home :(

Attachments

• Spitter2.jpg
    Spitter2.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 751
  • Splitter1.jpg
    Splitter1.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 728
Wow! Great catch.

DonCT said:
With all the splitter talk, I decided to check the BackPages to see what's out there for sale. Managed to come across an add for a Ryobi 4 ton electric splitter for $150. Needless to say I was stoked. I just picked it up tonight, so I will not get to try it untill tomorrow when I get home :(
Yeah , thats right ........ You know to post pictures of new toys . Were learning ya. Keep us posted on how she does 4 ya . And a Wooohoooo back @ ya ! :coolcheese:

DonCT said:
Oh, I may do even better than pics. I may shoot a short vid of some splitting and post it on my photobucket.

I'm excited to see what it can do :coolsmile:
OOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhooooooooooooo hhhhhh 000000000000HHHHHHHHHH :coolcheese:

Well heck Roo. Looks like we gotta pull the start ropes and video the big boys in action. Huh?

"Honey the power's out!"

"What dear? I can't hear ya. The splitter's running."

Nice score Im looking for a new splitter my self.

Very jealous. I want one of those bad, just too cheap to buy a new one. I don't even process that much wood. It's just a fun looking powertool :)

Know whatcha mean. I am way to cheap to buy one. I like to buy alot of other toys. But.... For $150. That is a deal. And looks like they are in great condition too! Good for you!

couldn't you just buy a ram and pump and build one for a few hundred?

Don.....

Before you can play with your new toy, you have to get that hearth cleaned up, and the drywall finished. :p

i'm hoping to get one next week.
if i do i have a digital camcorder and will be glad to post vid's

homefire said:

I put the numbers together before I bought mine. Electric motors strong enough for the job are very expensive. I ended up at about 500 bucks for everything I needed not including my time and steel.

homefire said:

5" x 24" ram - 300 bucks
16 gpm 2 stage pump - 160 bucks
detent valve - 80 bucks
fluid tank - 70 bucks
misc items - 200 bucks

watching this beast smash the heck out of that old elm stump - priceless :bug:

Harley said:
Don.....

Before you can play with your new toy, you have to get that hearth cleaned up, and the drywall finished. :p

Too late :p

I used it alittle this afternoon. I took a selection of various pieces (big and straight, knarly, crotchy) and split them up. I have to say, this thing is quite impressive. There was only one piece that gave me trouble, and that was one with aloth of side chutes growing out of it. It took alittle finessing, but I was able to split it down to a reasonable size. Most of the pieces litteraly just popped apart. I split alittle oak, maple and beech with no probs. Now I just need to get a 14 ga. extension cord so I can run it out by the wood pile. This thing will save me a ton of time, as I can cut my smaller stuff to log length while the fiance runs the splitter. It's that easy!!!!

I will post the vid once I cut it down in size alittle. :coolhmm:

Forum member michael thomas has a bunch of the components for sale over in the for sale/wanted section..if anyone is interested..

homefire said:

Really, it doesn't look like it would take that much to make something work! I have been looking at the ones with the pump handle, new for around $120!!!

boy after reading this post i want to buy one so i don't have to borrow my friend's splitter that he needs and uses for his business i could have my very own electric one :) donct do you have the Ryobi electric one. id love to see yours in action

thanks
Jason

As promised:

http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k104/sundedo/?action=view&current=MOV00414.flv

The video is kinda big. But should play ok. Lemme know if it doesn't work for anyone. The piece I was spitting was alittle tough, but I was able to get through it ok. I found that some of my scrounged wood will need to be trimmed to fit the splitter, which is ok since the spitter size is the same as my fire box :)

Status
Not open for further replies.