Wooohoooo, New Toy!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for posting the video.
i think it gives a realistic perspective of what it can and can't do. the way i see it, it's going to pretty much do anything you can do yourself with an axe, BUT that doesnt necessarily mean you want to do it all with an axe. i like how when you let go of the buttons it automatically retracts which should save time. i also see it saving a lot of time over chopping that you normally have to keep stooping over and setting the wood back up to make another swing at it. i think its a NO BRAINER at $150 so you did great. i'm just not sure if i want plunk $300 down on one but i probably will and be very happy once i have it.

DonCT said:
I'd be interested in seeing a video of one of those manual log splitters. You know, the one you pump with the 2 levers.

They seem easy enough to use, and portable, I like that idea!!

BrotherBart said:
DonCT said:
I'd be interested in seeing a video of one of those manual log splitters. You know, the one you pump with the 2 levers.

Here is the Sears version.

http://www.towattachments.com/71-24540.wmv

One of my neigbours has a similar pump action splitter, and I'd take an axe anyday over that thing. It takes simply ages to split anything, and some real elbow grease. In my opinion you're better off with a wedge and maul. However, I can see how some might prefer it.

Prior to the video of the electric one I was skeptical, but now I have to find one. Splitting in the garage in the dead of winter in CT would be nice, plus it's nice and small so won't take up a lot of room in the garage.

Great video Don!
Doesn't have the snappy music of the Sears video but is much more informative!!!

DonCT said:
LOL, I have some video software that I use to make DVD's that I can spiff it up with.

Perhaps a good weekend project!!!

"Splitting with Don" :)

"Split me up!
Once you split me up I'll never stop
Split me up!
Once you split me up I'll never stop, never stop, never stop, never stop

You make an oak log burn
You make and oak burn
You make an oak log burn

Burn at the baffle
With with open air
I'll take that thermo places
That its never, ever been

Ahhh, split me up."

With apologies to Mick and the boys.

BB, you've outdone yourself again!!!!

Don, my back is killing me just watching that video.. Get a damn table or something to put that splitter on!

My_3_Girls said:

I think those stove paint fumes did more damage than previously suspected.

My_3_Girls said:

Don, my back is killing me just watching that video.. Get a damn table or something to put that splitter on!

Yes, I know. I'm still working out those details trying to find the best solution. I may fabricate a little cart to sit the splitter on.

Status
Not open for further replies.