WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO more wood!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinj

Minister of Fire
Aug 11, 2008
Anderson, Indiana
just stop and talk to the one of the local tree guys bringing down a monster silver maple got to be atleast 5 cords he bringing it to the house! Been a great week!

poooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooook said:
ure blessed! by the devil maybe but whooooo cares.= i'm jealous

was going to pick it up for them and splitt it with a co-worker they didnt want to do the work so when i talk to them(tree company) they said that there paying 200.00at the dump. me quick thinking said that I will save you 200.00 bucks a load and just dump it on me they was as happy as me!

poooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooook said:
might coulda made $ but karma & why push your luck= get all u can & maybe hook someone else when ure saturated. good to hear

yep i do that already(one a member here and another is my son-in-law daughter just moved here form Tenn.) There droping it now and will have another big load saturday afternoon.

when you're hot, you're hot! How long do you think I would take you to buck and split that monster?

funny how things happen in bunches isnt it? I picked up 2 full trailer loads of oak a few weeks ago and while I was driving home my neighbor saw me hauling the logs. He stopped by and asked if I wanted at least 2 cords of maple sitting in his backyard that he wont be burning.

BucksCoBernie said:
when you're hot, you're hot! How long do you think I would take you to buck and split that monster?

funny how things happen in bunches isnt it? I picked up 2 full trailer loads of oak a few weeks ago and while I was driving home my neighbor saw me hauling the logs. He stopped by and asked if I wanted at least 2 cords of maple sitting in his backyard that he wont be burning.

its going to be in the 5 cord range already buck so just have to splitt it and 2 cords of oak that i got on tuesday but done all the work for it. I have a large beech for next weekend and a fence row of mulberry as well. I am shooting for 30 cords before burning season and going to cut stright through and hope to be able to cut nothing in 2010. (my wife doesnt beleave me either)

and scored 5 cords off the gas co. a couple weeks ago

Damn!!! Nice score. I am getting very itchy. I have not picked up my saws in at least three months. These cool temps want me to get cutting and splitting. However I have no product. My eyes are open but nothing coming this way.

I am sitting on three years worth, but of course it's never enough!

However, when it rains it pours. I'm ready.

KC

iskiatomic said:
Damn!!! Nice score. I am getting very itchy. I have not picked up my saws in at least three months. These cool temps want me to get cutting and splitting. However I have no product. My eyes are open but nothing coming this way.

I am sitting on three years worth, but of course it's never enough!

However, when it rains it pours. I'm ready.

wishi knew more people cutting around here.The other guy I cut with thats a member "mmaul" he has a small yard with 10 cords on it so he done till burning season
and I bet them dual-ling huskys are ready! KC

Wow smokinj, you are on a roll. Keep it going.

Here you go.

10517_103576526319029_100000000464379_98010_6870582_n.jpg

10517_103576529652362_100000000464379_98011_1173834_n.jpg

10517_103576532985695_100000000464379_98012_4079743_n.jpg

10517_103576536319028_100000000464379_98013_3271208_n.jpg

Backwoods Savage said:
Wow smokinj, you are on a roll. Keep it going.

thanks denis got a very large beech for next sunday and daughter and son-in-law just moved here from Tenn. that will be burning as well,so hope to to catch up with you before burn season lol (got 23 cords now 12 splitt)

Hey, you've almost caught up already. Keep it going!!! You will like that beech too. If you split by hand, then do not split through the heart. It can be done but beech splits better on the sides.

Backwoods Savage said:
Hey, you've almost caught up already. Keep it going!!! You will like that beech too. If you split by hand, then do not split through the heart. It can be done but beech splits better on the sides.

I have a splitter just never done beech before. IT is in a a friends back yard should be 45in.+ it, was trim a couple years ago sure thats what killed itsould be close to 3 cords.I sure do need more hardwood 15 cords of what I have is silver maple its not bad season quick and its everwhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.