Work for April

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
The first two pictures are in an area that the trail is down in a ravine (new cutting area), both these have been down for a couple of years but off the ground so I'll grab them this spring. The third picture is on the back hill by the house which I plan to have done by fall.

swampy

Attachments

• 100_0507.jpg
    100_0507.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 328
  • 100_0508.jpg
    100_0508.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 337
  • 100_0555.jpg
    100_0555.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 327
Never ends, does it? I've got a lot of down stuff here that I need to get but lately I've been going off-site to get some woods that I have little or none of, that is dead here. Like BL, White Oak, soft Maple, Cherry. Got my eye on some Hedge now...

Nope WS, the wife wants a new trail in that area so while I'm there doing that I might has well grab whats down. If I could get another three cord :coolsmile: then all stacking areas will be packed so then I can take the winter off.

swampy

zap, have you lost the snow now? We were thinking about going swimming today it was so warm.

Backwoods Savage said:
zap, have you lost the snow now? We were thinking about going swimming today it was so warm.

Most of it Sav, I expect the trail that runs through the ravine will still have enough snow that I'll stay out of it. I'm taking the chains off the rhino tomorrow night. When you jump in make sure u have your cap on, Gamma said always wear a CAP! :vampire:

Swampy

Looks like some good wood Zap - and nice to have the snow gone - we lost the very last bit of snow/ice in the yard early this past week - amazing. Cheers!

Looks like some good wood Zap - and nice to have the snow gone - we lost the very last bit of snow/ice in the yard early this past week - amazing. Cheers!
I'll take a ride back in later today, my guess is this area will still have some snow. Just getting over some bacterial infection so it's another day off from the woods, depending on how I feel I might start hauling the pine out Sunday.

swampy

Plenty of work ahead to keep you busy. Get it before the black flies get out. Supposed to be bad this year. Be well

The woods are never safe from the wrath of zap.........lol....keep it going brother, did you tinker with the saw at all this weekend?

The woods are never safe from the wrath of zap.........lol....keep it going brother, did you tinker with the saw at all this weekend?
Nothing this weekend, looks like mid week at the earliest.
zap

Plenty of work ahead to keep you busy. Get it before the black flies get out. Supposed to be bad this year. Be well
Getting better Backwoods, I would say Friday I'll be 100 percent. My wife had it first and is just getting better. The have been treating the black flies up in this area for years so it's not to bad.

Looks like the tick season will be bad but I have that spray I bought last year from Cabela's.
zap

Status
Not open for further replies.