Work for Sunday

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Plan on splitting and stacking this sugar maple and beech on Sunday before I start cutting anymore. Saturday it looks like we will be cleaning up some small pine around the house then take it to the wood dump, I might get started splitting on this later Saturday after a few trips.

zap

Attachments

• 100_3847.jpg
    100_3847.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 305
Looks like the time for splittin has come.

Looks good Zap. I have piles stashed all around. I have to get on the ball and finish the splitting. Yesterday I found a good stand of dead oak that I will get this fall.

Looks like a lot of splitting enjoy! How much do you think you have there?

Wood dump?

How about the fire pit?

KC

Solar, this is perfect weather for working in the woods.

Spliter, the oak sounds good. I'll be happy with what we have stacked once this is done.

Loon thanks, hows murph & emma doing?

certified106, my guess is 1.5 - 2 cord.

iskiatomic, since getting the firewood bug I left around the house in the woods go to hell so the wood dump it is. Once I get it cleaned up more then rake up the pine needles we might have a fire. It did feel good working around the house, can see the improvement already.

zap

Zap, the way you work and the splitters you have that splitting won't take too long. Maybe you could set up both splitters and have your wife run one while you run the other one?!

Just the one splitter tomorrow Sav, I'll take my time so if I only get half a rack stacked I'll be happy. Thats one of the nice things about being ahead, you can take your time. Plenty of wood to cut but only one stacking area left which holds 3.72 cords.

I'm clearing out some tall thin White Pines that will never be good so maybe I'll have some room.

zap

zapny said:
Solar, this is perfect weather for working in the woods.

Pretty sweet in the backyard too. I was chilly today in long sleeves and overalls. Lovin it.

I might take Saturdays to clean the woods up around here, we still have alot of small downed pine that will go next. Had some very small sugar maple that were to thin so I cut them down, the deer had a small supper off the leaves.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.