Work for Sunday

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Since Saturday I'll be hauling some dead wood from around the house to the wood dump it looks like Sunday I'll move the splitter down to the beech I hauled out this past winter and do some splitting and stacking.

zap

Attachments

• 100_3901-1.jpg
    100_3901-1.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 258
  • 100_2537.jpg
    100_2537.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 246
Zap, you need to quit doing all that work on Sunday. If you continue, we'll send more of that white stuff your way fast.

Sav; please send the snow for the third weekend of October. The order has been placed so we will C if SavUweather comes through!

zap

I'll try Zap but no promises.

Hey, do you remember 1987? Early October snowstorm. We were trying to leave CT and head back to MI but got turned around when traffic on the Interstate came to a standstill. We were reluctant to try going around because it was snowing so hard and we just thought best to wait it out one more day. What a mess that made with downed limbs and power lines, etc.

No, I don't think that we got hit bad in the North Country. I do remember the ice storm of 98, you can keep that chit out west!

zap

I hate to say it but we are due. We have not had a bad ice storm for many, many moons. We had a really terrific ice storm in 1976 or 77 that was the worst I'd ever seen. Some folks were out of power for 3 months! No, nobody needs that stuff. I'd gladly take 2 feet of snow over 1" of ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.