Work for Sunday

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I've been going to grab this but never did, this Sunday (if the weather is good) it's coming down along with the other dead one just west of it.

zap

Attachments

• 100_2776.JPG
    100_2776.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 176
nice tree what kind of wood is it :)

Zap you are the man...you cut enough wood to start your own lumber yard. You have got to get this addiction under control...;)

Reactions: ScotO
Zap, looks like you'll have some cooler weather to deal with Sunday. Supposed to have a cool-down here after that front pushes through on Friday night/Saturday morning.....

standing deadwood? i love standing deadwood. especially that that has been in a bog/swamp. hard to get it if its not froze over but the wood has mostly been good to me.

cass

Reactions: Thistle
Looks pretty far gone zap. Be careful out there.

I'm not sure maple man.
S&F, not a bad addiction to have.
Scotty Overkill, we just pushed in two loads of of white pine for the colder weather coming in.
Cass, it can make some nice firewood.
Sav, I'll check it out before cutting.

zap

I'm not sure maple man.
S&F, not a bad addiction to have.
Scotty Overkill, we just pushed in two loads of of white pine for the colder weather coming in.
Cass, it can make some nice firewood.
Sav, I'll check it out before cutting.

zap

Amen.....

Looks like the area with the dead standing will be too wet so it's the beech on the hill for Sunday.

zap

Attachments

• 100_6115.JPG
    100_6115.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 144
Besides, you got football, the lunch alarm, another time. Much cooler weather headed your way, enjoy it.

It's still baseball season in this house (go yanks) the cooler weather we like. Are you burning yet?

zap

It's still baseball season in this house (go yanks) the cooler weather we like. Are you burning yet?

zap

I have had the stove lit a few times, but starting tonight, I think I'll be keeping it going a bit into tomorrow. Heavy cold rains expected, low 50's highs tomorrow, down to mid 30's next couple nights. Sucks it will be raining. I need to catch up on splitting to make room for a couple truck loads of oak I'm working on, hopefully next weekend. Be well

Reactions: zap
What a great day to work in the woods, one load of beech off the hill, should be ready for next year if we want. I cleared some dead wood off the ground so I could get closer to the beech, ended up rolling them down in a different direction which was easier.

zap

Attachments

• 100_6125.JPG
    100_6125.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 145
  • 100_6126.JPG
    100_6126.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 146
  • 100_6128.JPG
    100_6128.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 133
  • 100_6134.JPG
    100_6134.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 155
Looks like a beautiful day zap. Its been rainy here, if love to split, but will have to wait. Be well

WellSeasoned, I don't think it hit 50 which made it perfect. They are calling for rain, maybe some snow tonight.

zap

Looks great as always Zap, and a perfect Fall day for cutting to boot. Stay safe.

Man Zap your living the dream! Awesome Pics.

Thanks Smokin, I'll never complain. I want to grab this dead standing before rifle season starts (it's in an area I won't work during hunting season.)

zap

Attachments

• 100_6137.JPG
    100_6137.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 146
Oak is great, wish we had some.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.