Work for this Week

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
My goal for this week is this Beech which came down in early April then the two Cherry near the swamp. Not sure how much good wood we will get from the Beech but my guess is 15-16 rounds.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_2793.jpg
    100_2793.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 457
  • 100_2794.jpg
    100_2794.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 436
  • 100_2795.jpg
    100_2795.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 466
  • 100_3144.jpg
    100_3144.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 449
  • 100_3145.jpg
    100_3145.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 451
wood spliter said:
Looks like a nice chunk of wood you'll get from that.

Spliter, I hope so because we sold just over four cord. So I'm looking at cutting another four cord before that nasty white stuff hits the ground.

Zap

wannabegreener said:
Sure is nice of all that wood to fall all the way down for you. At least for this one, you don't have to worry about the root ball.

Looks like this will be weekend work, Beech is on the hit list first then the Cherry by the swamp. I'll be happy with another four cord before the end of October.

wannabegreener, this is what I call scrounging.

Zap

Now thats more like it!

smokinjay said:
Now thats more like it!

Picked up the 310 last night ( told me next week before I would get it) after work so that and the 660 will be used Saturday. Just hoping I can get some nice rounds from the beech.

Have a nice beech (it's down) that needs a new trail made to it then the one on the side of the hill that will be a fall job, looks like we will have some nice beech for this year and a few years after.

GIBIR

zapny said:
wannabegreener said:
Sure is nice of all that wood to fall all the way down for you. At least for this one, you don't have to worry about the root ball.

Looks like this will be weekend work, Beech is on the hit list first then the Cherry by the swamp. I'll be happy with another four cord before the end of October.

Zap

Zap - I wish I could scrounge like that. We had a huge ice storm here in Dec 08 and I got lots of wood off of my 1.5 acre property, but that was before I had my insert. I was only burning about 1/3 of a cord per year and that storm gave me about 2-3 cords. I was set for years. Then I got my insert and it was gone in about 1/2 year. Good luck on those beeches.

zapny said:
this is what I call scrounging.

looks more like manna from heaven to me

wannabegreener said:
zapny said:
wannabegreener said:

Zap

Zap - I wish I could scrounge like that. We had a huge ice storm here in Dec 08 and I got lots of wood off of my 1.5 acre property, but that was before I had my insert. I was only burning about 1/3 of a cord per year and that storm gave me about 2-3 cords. I was set for years. Then I got my insert and it was gone in about 1/2 year. Good luck on those beeches.

We went through that ice storm but lived in a small town on top of each other, we did have a park across from us and the trees cracking from all the ice was a eerie sound.

Zap

Hey Zap, it is no wonder why that came down. Probably a good stiff wind and down it came. Now you reap the benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.