Work pics from Saturday

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fireview2788

Minister of Fire
Apr 20, 2011
SW Ohio
The word of the day was work smarter, not harder. I've never moved oak rounds before and these about killed us so he got the neighbor's equipment. That's a 16' trailer with the first pic being a mix of walnut, hackberry, and ash. The other pics are the oak and based of previous loads it should be around 3/4 of a cord. 20141025_095329.jpg 20141025_095339.jpg 20141025_085037.jpg 20141025_085057.jpg 20141025_085106.jpg

WOW, all those rounds are only 3/4 cord? I guess my depth perception is way off. I would have figured it to be more.

It is funny how trailer loads like that seem to shrink once they hit the ground. On the trailer it looks "full", on the ground it looks like "nice little pile".

Reactions: fireview2788
Looks like white oak. That will be some nice firewood right there.

The thing with trailer loads of rounds is that they never stack well. You get all kinds of pockets that make the pile look massive. Once it's split and stacked neatly, it really compresses down in size.

Looks like white oak. That will be some nice firewood right there.

The thing with trailer loads of rounds is that they never stack well. You get all kinds of pockets that make the pile look massive. Once it's split and stacked neatly, it really compresses down in size.

You are correct, it's a swamp oak.

fv

Sweet. Man do I wish I had access to a tractor! That must definitely make a huge project quite easier.

Much easier but you wouldn't know it by the way I'm cracking my back today.

Nice Massey tractor too. Those little tractors with a front end loader are very handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.