work with new saw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
Awesome! Now your cooking with gas!

Hell yeah!!! I keep a box of 2 of those shavings for fire starter.Most is used for mulch and/or filling in low soft spots around the backyard.Everything except Black Walnut is used for mulch.

Great pictures.
That's a "noodling" picture !!
You ddi that for"the fun or it" didn't you :)

a great deal on a great saw!! Makes the little saws seem, well, LITTLE....don't it?.... ;-P

Thistle said:
Hell yeah!!! I keep a box of 2 of those shavings for fire starter.Most is used for mulch and/or filling in low soft spots around the backyard.Everything except Black Walnut is used for mulch.
That stuff is GREAT fer bedding the grubs for fishing bait that you find in yer firewood, too. Put them in that noodling, in a plastic container with slits in the lid, and tuck 'em in the fridge where 'da Boss' can't find them..... :cheese:

nah i didnt do it for fun...i dont have a splitter that will go vertical...so lifting the heavy sycamore rounds well they are very heavy...but yeah it was fun

steeltowninwv said:
nah i didnt do it for fun...i dont have a splitter that will go vertical...so lifting the heavy sycamore rounds well they are very heavy...but yeah it was fun
Ain't no fun trying to split Sycamore with an ax or wedges...

Your gonna luv the 460 steel town. I put a dual port muffler on mine and it really made a nice difference after a little Carb adjustment. :)

steeltowninwv said:

Vertical splitter.

images

Status
Not open for further replies.