Worked my but off today..thats alot of work

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarkbar2311

Mar 16, 2010
SE Michigan
Had some locus that was huge. Had to bust out the wedges to get it small enough to move where I want it. Got about a dozen more rounds to move and 3 more big rounds to bust up. Pics to follow as soon as I can.

Clarkbar2311 said:
Had some locus that was huge. Had to bust out the wedges to get it small enough to move where I want it. Got about a dozen more rounds to move and 3 more big rounds to bust up. Pics to follow as soon as I can.

Git-r-Done Clarkbar!

zap

Zap,

FOr the record. You are my idol. I'll never process as much wood as you. I do need to post some pics to prove my activities are real.

Jim

Clarkbar2311 said:
Zap,

FOr the record. You are my idol. I'll never process as much wood as you. I do need to post some pics to prove my activities are real.

Jim

never happened!

Clarkbar2311 said:
Zap,

Jim

I believe you, I'm just lucky most my wood is down. I'll bust my hump until winter (plan on doing some fall walleye fishing) then take a break.

zap

wont let me upload pics at this time..will try again soon.

Attachments

• wood.jpg
    wood.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 585
  • wood2.jpg
    wood2.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 584
Nice That is a lot of work there!

Clarkbar2311 said:
wont let me upload pics at this time..will try again soon.

Drink plenty of water you have some work ahead you.

zap

wait till you see the pine pile...yikes.

There are a lot of uglies in that pile. Lots of stuff that will give the splitter a workout. Not looking forward to splitting it. When it was bucked it wasn't cut anywhere near consistantly. Sizes are gonna be eerywhere.

The pine is straight forward its just wet and there's a lot of it to split.

Clarkbar2311 said:
There are a lot of uglies in that pile. Lots of stuff that will give the splitter a workout. Not looking forward to splitting it. When it was bucked it wasn't cut anywhere near consistantly. Sizes are gonna be eerywhere.

The pine is straight forward its just wet and there's a lot of it to split.

Clarkbar2311 do you burn alot of pine and if so how do you like it?

zap

No I haven't burnt much pine. I just have so much because I had 4 old huge pines cut down this year to clear an area of my yard. It is really light and spongy though. I imagine a lot of it will be for shoulder season once I get an insert.

Jim

Looks like Maple ?

That pile in the pictures is 80% locust and 20% maple. The big stuff is all locust.

I've got a fresh load of maple on my utility trailer now. Going to haul several loads home the next few days...no insert yet but fuel pile growing.

Clarkbar2311 said:
That pile in the pictures is 80% locust and 20% maple. The big stuff is all locust.

I've got a fresh load of maple on my utility trailer now. Going to haul several loads home the next few days...no insert yet but fuel pile growing.

Looks like your putting the horse out front!

I just don't have the cash this season. Not going into debt further for insert. I can continue to build fuel supply for next season. I figure I have between 8-10 cords now on my property. About half of it split. I can get the rest split by winter. I should be 2-3 years ahead by the time I get the insert installed.

smokinjay said:
Looks like your putting the horse out front!

Just the way you should, good job.

I still have some pieces. But they are mostly big ones. I needed that stuff moved sooner rather than later. I was hoping to have it out last week. I ended up with most of sunday free. After we talked on Saturday I made the call to move it on my own in stead of giving it away.

Clarkbar2311 said:
I just don't have the cash this season. Not going into debt further for insert. I can continue to build fuel supply for next season. I figure I have between 8-10 cords now on my property. About half of it split. I can get the rest split by winter. I should be 2-3 years ahead by the time I get the insert installed.

. . . and by doing so once you get that insert and have truly seasoned wood you will be one of the few, the proud . . . a first year burner with good wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.