Workhorse finally let me down...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minister of Fire
May 8, 2011
midwest
My Cumberland is giving a low vacuum error and wont light. I leaf blowed (sucked) the chimney and hit it with the lint eater then leafed it again. Still no luck. I need to find out what size rope gasket it takes. It would have to crap out on the coldest weekend so far. I fired up the Harman Accentra but man I hate the POS. I started it this morning and by 3 pm it was already pushing the flame guide of its perch. Missing the Cumberland. Im going to pull the draft blower out and clean the fins and see if that will help pull some vacuum. BTW I did clean out the vacuum port intake also. Did the whole stove as a matter of fact. Ill clean the fins if no luck then Ill replace the rope seals and lastly get a new vacuum switch if it comes to that.

5/8"?

Just jump it and see if it is the problem before changing out the gaskets and pulling the blower.

Sorry to hear the Cumberland is down. Sounds like you've got a good plan - check electrical connections. Could try jumping vac switch temporarily (unplug before you get fiddling in there).

May feel the Harman is a POS but at least you still have heat!

Ahhh yes thanks for the good idea of jumping vacuum. I will do that before I go any further. I was thinking the gasket was 5/8" but it looks much bigger. Probably flattened out a bit.

The Leaf Blower Trick is also for the stove. You don't mention sucking out the stove. Sounds like you have an airflow problem. With the door open, suck the crap out of the stove through its vent!

Jumping the vacuum switch will just confirm that you have an airflow problem - but not where the problem is.
Your stove must be plugged somewhere, and the switch is doing its job.

Last time I replaced my door gasket was fall just prior to starting up. I pulled the door, cleaned out the old gasket and cement, laid in some new cement, filled the pot with pellets, applied some starter gel, cut the gasket to fit, laid it in the new cement, lit the pellets, replaced the door, closed it and hit start.

The rest is history.....................;lol

Status
Not open for further replies.