Working My Pile

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pennsyltucky Chris

Minister of Fire
Feb 9, 2014
Nockamixon, Pa
I dislike new construction, but I have to take advantage of the free wood. I've been working this pile for the past few months. I've gotten about 2 cords of Ash, Maple and Hickory out of it.

6d1993f3918fe1e7ae775b331c52f1f2.png

114054e84b6629c3dc5033d822128160.png

Today's work.

040089ef908265dacfc82cf51a178652.png

Easy peezy.

Gonna grab some lunch and get this split and stacked.

I drove past a church that was taking down trees and had piles like that. Got permission from the crew to come back later and they mentioned someone was coming to take all of it next morning. After I got my errands done, I came back and filled my little truck with 4/10ths of a cord of perfect 12-14" rounds I was cutting off the ends of those piles! I stopped around 9 pm when the parking lot lights came on.

Next day it was all gone. Good on ya!

Reactions: Pennsyltucky Chris
This is tucked away in a pretty rural area. And it's 3/10ths of a mile from my house. So far I've been the only one working on it.

My trailer is 5X8, and I try to cut at around 16 inches. I figure I get 1/3 of a cord, give or take, every trip. I try not to bog myself down.

I've got Ash and Silver Maple coming out my ears.

Reactions: Soundchasm
Status
Not open for further replies.