World's largest pellet stove? What brand is it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

Just came across this stove.
Jumbo Wood Pellet Stove Furnace,55,000 BTU, 350lb Hoppr
WORLD'S LARGEST Wood Pellet Stove, AUTO-IGNITION

Does anyone know what brand it is?

Looks like a Pelpro, they do have one that holds that much, but the control panel looks like a Magnum BabyCountryside control panel but does not say Magnum on it so it cannot be that.

Pelpro's have 2 RPM auger motors, so maybe this one does?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jumbo-Wood-Pellet-Stove-Furnace-55-000-BTU-350lb-Hoppr-/171661938468

Has anyone seen this?

Attachments

• WLPS1.JPG
    WLPS1.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 397
  • WLPS2.JPG
    WLPS2.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 349
  • WLPS3.JPG
    WLPS3.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 336
  • WLPS4.JPG
    WLPS4.JPG
    12.9 KB · Views: 328
  • WLPS5.JPG
    WLPS5.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 314
  • WLPS6.JPG
    WLPS6.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:
Pelpro doesn't have a model like that. Did they discontinue production?

Towards the bottom of the Ebay spec page they say the manufacture is Fire Rite?

Kinda looks like a USSC with a large hopper. For 2300 bucks, I'd just add an extension hopper to an existing stobe for a buck and a half and be dine with it. Price4 is a bit steep IMO.

Kinda looks like a USSC with a large hopper. For 2300 bucks, I'd just add an extension hopper to an existing stobe for a buck and a half and be dine with it. Price4 is a bit steep IMO.

Where is a good place to look for hopper extensions?

No website... What is the country of origin for PelPro stove components (castings etc)? Could be since they are no longer producing that model, overseas manufacturer is now building and selling under another name.

Ardisam shows their plants on their website ... including the one in China.

Hello

Just came across this stove.
Jumbo Wood Pellet Stove Furnace,55,000 BTU, 350lb Hoppr
WORLD'S LARGEST Wood Pellet Stove, AUTO-IGNITION

Does anyone know what brand it is?

Looks like a Pelpro, they do have one that holds that much, but the control panel looks like a Magnum BabyCountryside control panel but does not say Magnum on it so it cannot be that.

Pelpro's have 2 RPM auger motors, so maybe this one does?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jumbo-Wood-Pellet-Stove-Furnace-55-000-BTU-350lb-Hoppr-/171661938468
Its a St.Croix

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Big papa
That's what I thought when I seen the controls but went to thier site and nothing there. They get rid of or sold it?

That's what I thought when I seen the controls but went to thier site and nothing there. They get rid of or sold it?
I meant the control board looks like a St Croix. . Ive been around the first model furnace St Croix made and it had the same system as the Auburn has for clinkers including the two rods you push or pull for dropping the clinker. The picture does not look like the earlier St Croix furnace.

There is a stove on amazon with the same pic you shared and they have it listed as a Breckwell Big E with hopper extension.

On the eBay listing if you look at the last photo it shows what looks to be a furnace which is what the add says that other stove photo sure looks like a pelpro pp300 but it don't have pelpro on the bottom like the 300 and the door handle is on the right side on the 300

Last edited:
Im leaning towards the BIG E myself

It does look like a breckwell with a hopper extension. However their control panels look like these!
Also you can see the heat tubes in my last pic below.

Attachments

• Breckwell_Old_1RPM_Control_Board1.JPG
    Breckwell_Old_1RPM_Control_Board1.JPG
    262.1 KB · Views: 156
  • Breckwell_Updated_1RPM_Control_Board1.jpg
    Breckwell_Updated_1RPM_Control_Board1.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 151
  • BigE-BreckwellBrown.JPG
    BigE-BreckwellBrown.JPG
    240.3 KB · Views: 162
Hello

It is very interesting how the Control Panel is just like the Magnum BabyCountryside without the work Magnum but right down to the words on the bottom:
Always disconnect appliance power before servicing. ? ? ?

However it has a bronze auger bearing where Magnum uses a Delron auger bearing!

See pic below:

Click to Enlarge:

Attachments

• Magnum_Baby_Countryside_Control_Board_Panel_RP2007_large (1).jpg
    Magnum_Baby_Countryside_Control_Board_Panel_RP2007_large (1).jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Hello

It is very interesting how the Control Panel is just like the Magnum BabyCountryside without the work Magnum but right down to the words on the bottom:
Always disconnect appliance power before servicing. ? ? ?

However it has a bronze auger bearing where Magnum uses a Delron auger bearing!

Maybe it is a FRANKENSTEIN STOVE ? ?

See pic below:

Click to Enlarge:
Not sure about the one on Ebay but the one on amazon has the control board like the one you posted pic of. The newer model

No website... What is the country of origin for PelPro stove components (castings etc)? Could be since they are no longer producing that model, overseas manufacturer is now building and selling under another name.

Ardisam shows their plants on their website ... including the one in China.

Everything I see thats branded Ardisam is Chinese thats sold around here.............

Has anyone determined what the make is???

Everything I see thats branded Ardisam is Chinese thats sold around here.............

Has anyone determined what the make is???
It's whatever you want it to be as long as you buy it.......

This 1 RPM Hudson River Saranac has the exact same control panel and a bronze auger bearing!

See pic below:

Click to Enlarge:

Attachments

• HR-Saranac1.JPG
    HR-Saranac1.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 161
  • HR-Saranac4.JPG
    HR-Saranac4.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 150
Best place to find your answer...

For questions, comments, or to Buy-It-Now through Ebay, contact: Corn Stoves of Iowa, Dealer, 1312 1st Avenue, N.W., Cedar Rapids, IA 52405, 319-298-0500, FAX 319-298-0500 (call us to turn FAX on), E-mail: Use the Ebay Ask-a-question system which is highlighted in blue located at the bottom of the listing in the far lower left-hand side. ... Also check out my Ebay Store at: Visit My eBay Store: Corn Pellet Stove Furnace Boiler

Thanks for the info.
So is that stove one of a kind or is there a manufacturer?

I think they just have a bunch of.generic pics thrown up on that listing. I dont think all those pics are the same stove. Their eBay store just looks like a bunch of overpriced Chinese knock offs.

Last edited:
I think they just have a bunch of.generic pics thrown up on that listing. I dont think all those pics are the same stove. Their eBay store just looks like a bunch of overpriced Chinese knock offs.

This. Those are just random pics. They have been on ebay under 1 listing or another for over a year now.

Status
Not open for further replies.