Worst Pellet Stove and Manufacturer - Whitfield/Lennox

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the motor is not getting power after a few cycles if im understanding this right, out of idle curiosity , have you tried running it without pellets to see if it continues to cycle longer (i realize its going to shut off due to not sensing fire but that should be longer than just a few cycles , this would prove a temp related issue not a short, if it acted the same without the heat then a short would be more likley

Finally resolved the issue. The local dealer agreed to help me since its summer and they are slow. The tech guy tested the stove and tried a few different things and in the end....it was the auger motor like you guys suggested. The motor was too weak to run on medium and high and thats why it only worked on low. He replaced the whole motor. I didnt have the time to rip out the motor myself and try to replace that washer you were talking about, but i bet that was the problem. The tech said the motor was shot, the flame would get low, the photo eye would not pick it up and thats why it would shut itself down.

kool beans , at least you are ready for the cold next season. thanks for the update , i remember now that i have reread the thread i was really curious how it would turn out when it was going on last winter but i must admit it slipped me as it snuck down the listings. good to hear that you are back up and running and that it was a simple component issue. bummer it took so long to straighten out unfortunately every once in a while one comes along that just baffles the bajebers outta you with these things (and others as well) glad all is now in order

Thanks! I'm glad its over too. I just wish the local dealer would have come out i the first place. I spent alot of time and money buying parts that didn't need to be changed and oil fillups that weren't necessary. Thats life I guess. The tech said I am in their system now, so I guess I should be ok going forward if anything else happens and I can't fix it.

chanlon1974 said:
The tech said I am in their system now, so I guess I should be ok going forward if anything else happens and I can't fix it.

That is great!

Status
Not open for further replies.