Worth buying the Speeco/Huskee Log Catcher?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought the Huskee one last week with my splitter.. It works great. Couldn't see paying more for the ebay one.

The TSC one seemed a bit flimsy to me. I gave a local welder a pic of the EBay one, let him have my splitter for a few days and he made one for me for a bit less $$. This way I know the fit won't be a problem and if there was anyything else I wanted done he's a stone's throw away. After the 1st year w/o a table I can say it was $$ well spent!

I got the speeco version for something like $40.00 from Blains Farm & fleet. I like it. Anything heavy enough to bend it I would be splitting vertically anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.